Houston we have a problem!

WKKish

Have my pork butt cooking away on my smoker at a nice steady 233F look over at my Smoke receiver and it is showing a temperature of 400F no alarm went off. Run outside to check the smoker everything looks fine. No roaring fire thermostat on the lid still shows about 240. Long story short after resetting the smoke and letting the probe set out for a while it is showing an outside temp of 263F ! I take it that my probe has died a sad death?

I had a probe problem last time too, it happens. You kind of have to trust yourself when you go and check, sometimes things just are better when left alone.

Could be a probe gone bad, they eventually die. You didn’t have the probe too close to edge of the cooker in the hot zone did you?

I got a Smoke from Mrs. Santa Claus for Christmas and right after I got it Thermoworks had a sale and I ordered two more probes. That guarantees that the originals will never fail. Just like not being able to find something you have and need so you go buy another one and within 24 hours the old one reappears.

I have a number of Thermoworks products. I have been MORE than happy with them. When I needed some info or fancied a problem, they have been close to WONDERFUL to deal with. Frankly, after using other company's products, having probe failures, and snotty customer service, I find Thermoworks to be at the top of the ladder for satisfaction. If you have a problem, give customer service a call and maybe they can help you.

FWIW
Dale53

Back