Hotdogs????? Pure Genius

Josh Z.

TVWBB Pro
Holy cow/veil......

Tired of waiting for your food? I read about it somewhere and am happy to say that some genius thought to throw on some dogs while smoking. I threw on some high quality beef and veal frankfurts and I'm happy to report that they are splendid. One hour on the smoker while the ribs were part way done and they came out as the best hotdogs I've ever had.

Thanks Mr. Hotdog smoking man!

Great idea!!!

I bet some of those nice Hebrew National "dinner" franks would be awsome. The local BJ's Club has the 3 pound packs and we love 'em on the gasser.

Sounds like I now have next weekends lunch and dinner menu lined up - hot dogs & ribs....

Do it all the time. Hebrew Nationals, or Nathans beef franks are good. Toss on some J-ville Brats also. Why waste the fuel, might as well put something on there lol.

Oh yeah! I almost always throw on a few dogs while cooking. Even the cheap ones end up great with a little smoke in 'em!

I coom hotdogs on the smoker all the time, best ones you will ever have. It can even make a .98 cent pack of walmart dogs taste great.

That isn't the place that I saw it, but as noted someone out there is one smart person. I'll have to dig deep inside and find something weird to smoke so I can be a genius too. I'm glad Spam is covered becuase I don't want to be responsible for that .... whatever it is.

Spam is one food I've never tasted. Maybe I had something that was made with it unbeknownst to me, and I know there is a cookoff homaging this product. Potted meat just never appealed to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Potted meat just never appealed to me.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you see the movie "Sling Blade"?

Yes, but I don't remember anything pertaining to this. So, instead of using up Chris' board, e-mail me in my profile so you can refresh my memory? I may have to rent it again.

Jane, just buy one small can and try it. Fry it to go with biscuits, or on a little sandwich. You at least need to know what it is.

Our kids grew up on it!

Virgil

Smoked Bologna
Make a hole all the way through the side of the bologna using the PVC pipe. Remove the cored meat from the pipe using the wooden dowel. Make a second core 90* to the first one. The result is a "X" passing through the middle of the bologna, as shown in this picture.

I respect innovation, but man, this sounds like something I would have done in college after a few too many...

Well crud.....

I went to the local BJ's to get a pack of the big Hebrew National "dinner" dogs and they did not have any. I did not even see the place where they "used" to be. I hope they are not discontinued there as it was the only place I could find the real big ones.

Back