Holy Grails of Collecting Thread

At 75 I'm now content with what I have, one of which is our 1998 Genesis 1000 that we bought new. I also have a 1985 Genesis 2 in nice overall condition, appears to be one of the first two hundred made. If anything, I would love to restore it to like new, but alas being old slow and full of fleas with some serious health problems, I don't think that's going to happen.

I have most of the realistic things I would like to own. Of course, there are always things out there that catch my eye. I would never expect to be able to own a 1950s kettle or some other really exotic item from Weber history. I am just thankful to have an early 1970s 22" kettle, unused and still in the box, and a companion restored 1974 18" one. I was just a young teenager when they were made! I also have an older ~1988 Genesis XXI (Jr.) intact with the original owner's manual. And a few 1980s Genesis grills in varying states of reconstruction (or at least awaiting that!), but none as cool as the one @Rich Dahl has. I consider my 1998 1st generation Summit fully restored and with stainless reinforcements for the firebox to be my most enjoyable Weber classic. It sees regular use.:summit450:

On the realistic spectrum, I suppose the one kettle I would still like to own is a halfway decent avocado - 18" or 22". I can still remember as a young kid in the early 70s how women all coveted a kitchen redone in a harvest gold or avocado color scheme!:smilekettle:

Last edited:
Not a GRAIL, but it was definitely a WANT.
For about 3 years I had been looking for a LE Red in decent shape and a decent price.
And lo.....two in one week! And for what ended up being an almost obscenely great deal on both!
I know they had their issues, but I don't care. It was nice to win one once in a while.

Attachments

• 20230802_190356.jpg
    20230802_190356.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 10

Back