HM 4.2.4 3D Printed Case

Hi, I am looking for the newest 3D case for a rPi B (with Ethernet), but using 4 probes, not a thermocouple. The newest release looks to have 3 probes and a thermocouple. If someone has these plans, can you please pm me asap. Thank you!

They're in the first post, "Source files". Those labeled with "probe" mean 4 probe, where "TC" means 3 probe + thermocouple.

4.2.4-2L-probe-PiB-BOT
4.2.4-2L-probe-PiB-TOP

Fitting my newly built HM into the case. Having some trouble getting a good fit. I see in most photos that the 4 way button comes out of the case a small bit, mine doesn't, it is well below the access port (it is flush mounted to the pcb). The probe side of my board does not seem to seat well. I was going to start to trim the inside of the case, but looking for any suggestions before doing anything. Thanks.

Pictures would help, but you should mount the HM board and LCD in the top of the case first without the pi so that you can press fit into case. At this point the button should protrude through the hole. Then attach the pi to the header and seal with the bottom.

https://flic.kr/p/oSePMT

I think the screen part of the alignment problem was mainly due to the boards not being parallel. I thought I had a better alignment. I don't have a solder sucker to undo all the pins, so will live with it at present. The button is no where near the top of the hole though. Was I supposed to flush mount it like I did?

You are supposed to mount it flush with the board. The button only protrudes when you have the button cap on though. Also, I can't tell from your picture because it appears to be taken at an angle, but something seems screwy with your board because the square part of the button should be dead center in the button hole when everything is soldered properly.

I just figured out my button problem. I was cleaning up all my bags and found one with a button switch cap. I didn't notice this before. I snapped it into place on top the 4 way switch, and now my button is coming through the hole just fine. I just checked the construction instructions on the wiki, it is not mentioned. Might be something to add.

Hi, I am gathering everything to start my build, can you send a case to Australia ? I would also be interested in a roto damper can you print one of those too?

Regards

Mike

Hi Tom, I went to the files and see you had a ACAD drawing of the case but I'm not able to open the file to convert it to an older ACAD release (2000). Though I love the look of the 3D printed case, I'm going to try and CNC a case instead but need measurements to start from. Is there anyway you would have or be able to convert the drawing? Even a pdf or something to go by would be great.
Thanks
Rich

Hi Tom, I went to the files and see you had a ACAD drawing of the case but I'm not able to open the file to convert it to an older ACAD release (2000). Though I love the look of the 3D printed case, I'm going to try and CNC a case instead but need measurements to start from. Is there anyway you would have or be able to convert the drawing? Even a pdf or something to go by would be great.
Thanks
Rich

I can do that tonight Rich. I CNC'd a version 4.1 case earlier this year and was pretty happy with how it turned out (http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?47421-HM-v4-1-3D-printed-case&p=509351&viewfull=1#post509351). You will probably want to modify the file a bit to save on machine time because the goals of 3D printing and CNC are completely opposite. With 3D printing you want to use as little material as possible, with CNC you want to remove as little as possible.

Tom, The 3D case version is out of this world... Peer and simply Beautiful!!! I too do a lot of wood working but never thought of making the case out of wood.. Can't tell if that's Walnut or Mahogany. Again.. Beautiful... No rush on the .dwg as I just ordered my HM parts yesterday. Still a bit of work before I hit the CNC. Thanks for sharing..

New color? See through orange?

3ebatch-8.jpg

Blue is also nice,

3ebatch-9.jpg

Tom, thanks for the excellent cases (as usual).

Can we get this post deleted, or updated to say this is before the fix for the probe?
I sent this off for printing and the probe is off, I assumed that because this was posted after the update that this would have the fix but it doesn't

I think only a mod or the OP can delete a post. I would only use files that are linked on the first page for printing as those are the ones that I maintain.

I've been a lurker for some time now, and I feel the need to give back. I have a couple of cases I printed, and would like to donate to one needy griller. I have two available, but would like to keep one of them, so take your pick. One purple, One clear (ish). The purple one has some print "{bubbles" on the back, but pretty good. The Clear has some print "bubbles" on the front, but who really cares, it's clear (ish). Any one comes with screws as well (see Pic). 1st one that contacts me, will get one of them. Just let me know which one. I'm shipping from Australia, so be kind.

3q4RNOQ.jpg

Cheers

Back