Hickory Smoked Meatloaf and some other junk

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Greetings!
Let's get started with yesterday's fried bacon-Spam hard-boiled egg McBob:
IMGP1855.JPG

Now, my wife hates meatloaf so I don't make it too often for my son and I.
So I decided to make a biggun' to slice and freeze for anytime sandwiches.
Had a couple of extra loin chops in the fridge, so I 'ground' them with the chopper thingy from my hand blender.
IMGP1857.JPG

No recipe, flying by the seat of my pants here.
Saved back a patty of pork, added the rest to 2 lbs. ground beef.
WI cheddar, and other stuff thrown in.
IMGP1864.JPG

IMGP1865.JPG

Egg, wootsy, chili, and pepper sauces mixed.
Bread crumbs to bind.
IMGP1868.JPG

On the grill with a sprinkle of Tasty Licks rub, and a meatloaf stuffed red pepper.
I used K-Comp, and hickory wood.
IMGP1875.JPG

About done, added cheese to the pepper, and Pappy's bbq sauce to the meatloaf.
IMGP1924.JPG

Trimmed off the ends for a taste test.
IMGP1932.JPG

Plated pepper pic. (bacon added to top)
IMGP1937.JPG

The held back pork patty had been seasoned with Weber's Steak & Chop.
And was fried for this morning's breakfast.
IMGP1943.JPG

All tasty stuff!
Knew the patty would be on the dry side, should have chopped up a slice of bacon to mix with it.

Thanks for the visit!

All of it looks good to me. My mom used to make stuffed bell peppers all the time, back in the day. Noticed you cooked it on top of parchman, did it brown any on the bottom?........................d

That looks amazing! Add me to the stuffed lovers list....But i think a few slices of that loaf would be my choice! Quality mate...

You are right Bob, all junk... feel free to package it up and ship it up to Jeremy Calow Co/ Freezing cold north. I will properly dispose of this in the correct manner.. ;)

Looks great - can't get around the bacon spam yet.. so you can keep that right now hehe.. but I am good with the rest ...

A bunch of fine looking meals!! I wonder if grinding up a can of Spam and adding it to some hamburger meat would make a good meatloaf?

I still think meatloaf on the grill/smoker is on the best things I've learned here. Great stuff Bob.

The meat loaf and "other Junk" looks great Bob!! I wish my other Junk came out looking like yours!!

Great work buddy!!

Back