Hi from Ireland

Steve Mac

New WSM owner. Received yesterday and first smoke completed. Thanks to the people behind the website - great learning from there.

Looking forward to learning the craft of smoking here.

Steve

Hello Steve - welcome to the forum! What did you smoke on your first cook? How'd it go? What part of Ireland do you live in? I've only been to Europe once, right before COVID. I spent a week in Lindau and then did some sightseeing in Munich. It would be fun to see Ireland and Scotland....So much to see, so little time right?

Cheers!

I did the basic barbecue chicken from this site. Used a different rub (Jeff's Original) to the one in the tutorial. Turned out delicious. Have a few racks of baby back ribs ordered from my butcher to try at the weekend. Looking forward to them.

I'm about 20 miles outside Dublin in a small town.

Haven't been to Donegal since I was a kid. Long overdue a visit.

Loving the site for tips on smoking and after reading through some of the forums I've learned how much I have to learn.

My first smoke taught me a simple lesson - when not using water line the water pan with foil. Cleaning that pan after the chicken was nasty :D The pics even showed the pan lined - oops.

Back