Herb crusted rack of lamb

:love: That had to get the neighbors peeking over the fence and asking what's cooking? I'm going to have to try lamb one of these days, looks so good!
The new house has uneven lots. I’m the 2nd highest lot and my neighbor who’s 8 inches higher is a shorter Asian gentleman. And my other neighbor is 4’ lower with a 6’ fence on the property line. So no prairie dogging going on.

The backyard neighbors are 30’ below. They’re just getting teased, I’m sure.

Now the smoke/perfume was epic. I enjoyed it, a lot.

So much that the wife and I finished this entire rack. Possibly my best rack of lamb ever.

Seasoning was evoo, dried Italian herbs, dried oregano, dried rosemary, SPG, Aleppo pepper and sumac. All ran through the spice grinder for an even dust application. Note, the lamb was salted separately by hand and generously. Countertop marinate for 30 minutes as the grill preheated.

I did a bunch of searing and flipping to ensure a very even cook. The most active I’ve even been on a sear and flipping mode, ever. All sides. All around. Even the underside so as to cook the membrane.

Crispy lamb fat galore. Once the crust was built, I did three 5 minute indirect sessions to get the lamb to 125° at its center. Then pulled, tented and rested.

If we do a TVWBB get together at my new place, this will be on the menu. An incredible version of how rack of lamb should be served.

And 3 glasses of the wine. I’m feeling no pain.

This was a top 3 meal. I am floored by the flavor and texture. I think you’d be too.

Last edited:
After the week I’ve had, I think I have earned some lamb! Tell me more about that salad Brett. Looks like red cabbage, feta, diced tomatoes but, are there cucumbers underneath? I’m in on the grape too!
After some more wind damage cleanup, I will do that!

After the week I’ve had, I think I have earned some lamb! Tell me more about that salad Brett. Looks like red cabbage, feta, diced tomatoes but, are there cucumbers underneath? I’m in on the grape too!
After some more wind damage cleanup, I will do that!
my wife laughed at my salad presentation and i did too much in too small a serving dish (my life's story).

i lined up in three rows: grape tomatoes that were halved and lightly salted, chunked english cukes, and large diced red bell peppers.

then atop two of the rows were pitted kalamata olives,

then across the length of the dish was sliced red cabbage

and then crumbled across everything was greek feta, which is a new Costco item. it comes 5 feta slabs in salt water in a good sized tub, imported from Greece.

the dressing is the same herbs as the lamb, run through the spice mill and then added to:
ACV
WDV
red wine vinegar
lemon juice
water
pinch of salt
2-3 tsp sugar
and a 50/50 blend of evoo and avo oils which are measured to 1/3 of the vinegars solution volume. so you have to make the herbs/vinegars base first and then add in 1/3 the amount of the vinegars solution a 50/50 mix of the oils. this make a true vinaigrette.

this is my goto dressing now and i've stopped buying store sold salad dressing(s).

i highly recommend that french bottle from costco. i will be going back to grab a 1/2 case of it for storage. it was that good, and went well with this meal.

my wife laughed at my salad presentation and i did too much in too small a serving dish (my life's story).

i lined up in three rows: grape tomatoes that were halved and lightly salted, chunked english cukes, and large diced red bell peppers.

then atop two of the rows were pitted kalamata olives,

then across the length of the dish was sliced red cabbage

and then crumbled across everything was greek feta, which is a new Costco item. it comes 5 feta slabs in salt water in a good sized tub, imported from Greece.

the dressing is the same herbs as the lamb, run through the spice mill and then added to:
ACV
WDV
red wine vinegar
lemon juice
water
pinch of salt
2-3 tsp sugar
and a 50/50 blend of evoo and avo oils which are measured to 1/3 of the vinegars solution volume. so you have to make the herbs/vinegars base first and then add in 1/3 the amount of the vinegars solution a 50/50 mix of the oils. this make a true vinaigrette.

this is my goto dressing now and i've stopped buying store sold salad dressing(s).

i highly recommend that french bottle from costco. i will be going back to grab a 1/2 case of it for storage. it was that good, and went well with this meal.
OUTSTANDING on all points! Thanks pal!
I have to go to Costco tomorrow anyway! I’ll add a couple of bottles of that if they are here! The feta I’ve just found a few recipes to use it in, will share if they are not dog food.
Thanks again buddy.

Back