Help me pick which burner tubes

Jim Weber

TVWBB Super Fan
So --- I was out cleaning the grill yesterday since the crossover tube was having trouble lighting the second burner..... Gave it scrub with a wire brush and it revealed that the crossover tube has split a good 2"+ down the length :( It still works right now, but I know its gonna crumble before too long.

The main burner tubes (OEM) are still in fine condition --- but for the cost of just the crossover tube, I'm better off getting a whole new set for ~$20.
Which brand would you guys go with?

Uniflasy?

Gassaf?

Unbranded?

There is a wild card here too..... I found this set that is less than half the price on sale right now ---- I'm not real keen on the fact that the main burner tube hole are round instead of slits, but for $9 I could get the crossover and be gtg with the OEM burners.....

Any preference one way or the other???? Or a link to a 'reasonably' priced crossover tube for a 2 burner front control unit (10.5" tube)?
I've seen some sets where the crossover tube is missing the two little welded on shields - basically a tube with holes..... I'm wondering if those shields really do that much.....

Last edited:
Tell ya what. Had the same issue pop up on my dad's grill a couple years ago. I bought a set from Amazon highly regarded on here. Installed them. Short term they will look good and perform quite well. But if you're looking for durability stick with the OEM and try what you can to simply get a Xover tube. The ones I installed in my dad's were corrosion monsters. So much corrosion they corroded over the burner holes (jets). Have to say in retrospect not even close to OEM quaity

I bought a set of gassaf Flav bars and lower heat deflectors for an E330 and they were better than another brand that was much thinner.

No firsthand experience with their burners.

I have used grill parts from all three of those outfits. Uniflasy gets a lot of my business.

Well.... I decided to go with the cheap $8.50 set just to get the crossover burner --- I figure thats worth it. I don't plan on using the burners - they'll just sit in the garage with other 'grill parts'.... I am thinking about cutting the electrode holder off of it and converting my B over to a ceramic ignitor.... but I still need a ceramic ignitor.

I've got to say --- getting ~8 years out of that crossover seems pretty good compared to how often I had to replace the crossover on my Spirit500 ---this grill has gotten used pretty heavily as my daily cooker. I'm hoping a crossover with holes rather than the factory (many small) slits will last longer and be less prone to fouling.... or at the least easier to clean.

Last edited:
Jim, you just need a ceramic electrode.

Please post a review of the burners when you get them.

I will. I do feel compelled to at least try out the burners with the holes to see if there is any real difference in flame quality or heat out put.....
The grill is due for a deep cleaning once the crossover shows up --- hopefully tomorrow.

Not that I've replaced a lot of burners tubes, but I've always been mentally adverse to ones with holes instead of slits...... maybe they are better? (I kinda doubt it) I've not run across many burner tubes that were not functional --- some have looked pretty ruff, but still solid and function fine. I think the only way to kill a burner tube is to let it sit covered in grease and mold for a very long time. Its just the damn crossover tubes that die out.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time deciding on burner tubes also.
I can buy burner tubes on Amazon for 30ish bucks but if I want Weber tubes, they are $75 plus, I just wonder if the extra expensive is worth it?

I'm having a hard time deciding on burner tubes also.
I can buy burner tubes on Amazon for 30ish bucks but if I want Weber tubes, they are $75 plus, I just wonder if the extra expensive is worth it?
which grill?

The only issue I had with no-name burner tubes was for my Genesis 1000. The crossover tube included was wrong. It was too short and turns out it was a crossover tube for a Silver B.

Otherwise they work fine for me at 1/3 the cost

here is a thread of what I found worked and didn't work. It is a bit old so prices and sources have likely changed:

Last edited:
which grill?

The burner tubes are for my fat frame Genesis grill, made for only 2 years I was told ?

The burner tubes are for my fat frame Genesis grill, made for only 2 years I was told ?
I'm guessing your fat-frame Genesis is a 2000 to 2002 Gold or Platinum, and the control panel is an 8006 ( number in lower right corner )

If so I'm about 90% sure the burners are the same as Genesis 1000/2000/3000 etc burners.

Back