Help me pick which burner tubes

FYI. There is a countdown timer on the 9mm cooking grates and it ends about midnite central time tonight. I just pulled the trigger on four more. If they don't meet the description, I will be upset that I have to deal with returning them. But if they do meet the description, I will be upset I didn't spring for 8 of them.

FYI. There is a countdown timer on the 9mm cooking grates and it ends about midnite central time tonight. I just pulled the trigger on four more. If they don't meet the description, I will be upset that I have to deal with returning them. But if they do meet the description, I will be upset I didn't spring for 8 of them.
I ordered a set too, I needed a hose and regulator for this latest manifold anyway. I hope I regret not getting more.

So..... THIS is what I ordered and expected to receive from amazon..... I wasn't real keen on the round hole main burner tubes, but I was really after the crossover burner.
Screenshot 2024-06-05 075701.jpg

And this is actually what I received!!!!

20240605_091500.jpg

Real SLOT burners and crossover!!!!! I'm actually kinda bummed about the crossover..... I was thinking that the 'hole' burner would maybe last longer and be easier to clean, but I really can't complain for $8.50!!!! These seem to be some FINE quality burners too! Fairly heavy - well formed - nicely finished ---- I have NO complaints whatsoever at that price --- I would have felt good paying $20-30 for this set of burners.
I was planning on just running the OEM main tubes, but NOW I'm just gonna go ahead and put these in since I'll have it apart anyways.

The one strange thing about these burners...... I've never seen extra holes near the inlet end of the burner before....?....?...?

20240605_091539.jpg

Six holes on each side of the slits? Thats a new one on me..... I'm guessing that they are there to help prevent the burners being blown out???? Not that I've ever had a problem with that with this grill - even when running it for hours with one burner on LOW in the wind.
It somewhat concerned me at first, but I'm just gonna roll with them anyways and be happy with all new burners!!! For $8.50!!!

I'll save the OEMs --- yanoh --- just in case..... just like we all do.

The grill is going to get a deep clean inside and out --- the rains have finally stopped and it time to get the pollen and the grime off of her! And the Silver B too.

Its a shame that product wasn't accurately portrayed on amazon.... It would have been my first choice easily at the sale price without any hesitation. They are still a steal right now at $15 too. I'm hoping you guys that ordered the 9mm grates are as happy as I am with this companies quality!

Last edited:
So..... THIS is what I ordered and expected to receive from amazon..... I wasn't real keen on the round hole main burner tubes, but I was really after the crossover burner.
View attachment 92630

And this is actually what I received!!!!

View attachment 92631

Real SLOT burners and crossover!!!!! I'm actually kinda bummed about the crossover..... I was thinking that the 'hole' burner would maybe last longer and be easier to clean, but I really can't complain for $8.50!!!! These seem to be some FINE quality burners too! Fairly heavy - well formed - nicely finished ---- I have NO complaints whatsoever at that price --- I would have felt good paying $20-30 for this set of burners.
I was planning on just running the OEM main tubes, but NOW I'm just gonna go ahead and put these in since I'll have it apart anyways.

The one strange thing about these burners...... I've never seen extra holes near the inlet end of the burner before....?....?...?

View attachment 92632

Six holes on each side of the slits? Thats a new one on me..... I'm guessing that they are there to help prevent the burners being blown out????
It somewhat concerned me at first, but I'm just gonna roll with them anyways and be happy with all new burners!!! For $8.50!!!

I'll save the OEMs --- yanoh --- just in case..... just like we all do.

The grill is going to get a deep clean inside and out --- the rains have finally stopped and it time to get the pollen and the grime off of her! And the Silver B too.

Those look pretty good. Too bad they dont have them for Genesis 1000-5000

I believe those ones with the 6 extra holes are unique to the Spirit grills, 2013 and up or maybe 2017 and up. My guess it is Weber's solution to the extra heat on the other end of the cook box from the crossover tube.

I believe those ones with the 6 extra holes are unique to the Spirit grills, 2013 and up or maybe 2017 and up. My guess it is Weber's solution to the extra heat on the other end of the cook box from the crossover tube.
Thats an interesting theory..... but I will note that the OEMs don't have them, nor have I seen them on any other brand.....
Maybe these guys figured it out on their own? Thats another reason that I was looking forward to the crossover with the holes --- I was hoping that would cut back on the heat under the warming rack...

I'm kinda excited to get them in and see what they do.... I was planning doing a test running the old burners on low and checking the temps and then swapping and seeing if there is a difference..... I still may, but since I'm gonna run them anyways, its not really gonna matter.

If they really are there to mitigate the burners being blown out -- I may have to revisit my desire to look into smaller orifices to bring the LOW setting temps down....

Jim, this photo is from a Spirit II grill that I picked up for rehabbing. I am 99.5% sure that the PO did not replace the burners.

1717613473667.jpeg

Interesting..... I have yet to run across any "TWO" series grills myself ... weber must have made the change between the I and II series --- I have flipped a handful of the I series and have never seen them.

I'll have to inspect closer next time I see both series in the stores.

There are different degrees of rehabbing, and this one was pretty minor aside from converting from NG to propane. But I have seen Spirit and Genesis II's that I wouldn't even consider rehabbing.

Way off topic..... Have you notice any difference in the 'heft' of the cookboxs and lids between the I & IIs? It appeared to me that series I s still had the heft of the A/B/Cs but the series II s felt so much lighter/flimsyer....

Got the burner tubes into the grill today --- yeah, I'm not feeling too bad about replacing the OEM burners - they are looking pretty ruff after 8-9 years - still useable, but the new tubes look so much better! If I get another 7-8 years out of these burners for 8.50 I'm gonna call that a score!!! That crossover tube had a split ~3.5"+ in it - it was done.

I'm just sitting here trying to wrap my mind around 'HOW is it that I can get a really NICE set of burner tubes DELIVERED to my house IN TWO DAYS for $8.50 ???...???' I'm confused on how this new economy works.... I'm gonna take a WIN when it works out in my favor..... doesn't happen often.

I still cant wrap my head around how it's cheaper to send stuff here from China. It's gotta be even worse than slave labor over there

Yah, you tell me how you can buy 304 SS 9mm grates off Amazon for under $50 a set when Weber OEM would cost about 4 times that.

I guess the recent tariffs on China didn't include those.

Back