Hello from Schwetzingen, Germany

Scott Brubaker

Hi, I'm retired from the US Army as well as from my second career and living in Germany. I purchased a basic Weber 22.5" kettle grill in 1982 and have used it more or less successfully since then, including grilling brined Thanksgiving turkeys (avg about 20 lbs) for the last 15 years. The old grill is a bit beat up after many moves around the world so I recently upgraded to a Master Touch model. My results since the upgrade have been dismal; hence, the primary reason for joining the bulletin board. Hoping to improve and perhaps later contribute.

Welcome Scott! You came to the right place. Before you know it, Your life will be consumed with gloriest amounts of good throw down and clothes that smell like a morning camp fire.

Welcome Scott! I hope to smoke a turkey in the near future! :) It sounds challenging!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to this great country. Post your questions and we will try to help. That is what this forum is all about. Welcome.

Welcome home Scott!
Thank You for your years of service to the United States of America!

I purchased a basic Weber 22.5" kettle grill in 1982 and have used it more or less successfully since then, including grilling brined Thanksgiving turkeys (avg about 20 lbs) for the last 15 years. The old grill is a bit beat up after many moves around the world so I recently upgraded to a Master Touch model. My results since the upgrade have been dismal; hence, the primary reason for joining the bulletin board.
Welcome, Scott. By any chance was your previous grill a Bar-B-Kettle with the 3 individual "daisy" vents? While I haven't used the "One Touch" grills all that much, I've had better luck using the old style grill for indirect cooking.

Welcome Scott, your in the right place to get your questions answered. Its a great forum and lots of help is on the way. just post all your questions. Again Thank You for serving our country.

Welcome Scott. I was a helicopter pilot in Germany in the early sixties and loved it. I have been back there maybe 20 times since then. Love Germany! I was stationed at Hoppstadten near Birkenfeld in western Germany with the 3rd Armored Cav.

Keep us posted on your cooks.

Ray

Back