StineV

Hello

Just reicived a new weber smokey mountain for my birthday. My first cook will be on easter sunday. I will smoke å pork neck(we do not have porksholder cuts in Norway) and som ribs. Hopefylly i will get the temp control rigth. The problem is that they only sell wood chips in Norway and not chunks:mad:. Does anybody know if the chips in aluminumrapping works well?

Well i am so excited, and i hope everything will taste great.

Have a great one...

Stian

Welcome to the Forum. What do you mean with aluminumwrappjng chips? Do you mean chips in alu box by Weber? If so, I used in the past, but I prefer to remove the box that has too many holes and close chips in foil with just 1/2 holes, like this

IMG_5837 di BBQness, su Flickr

That's what i am looking for... (Sorry for the missunderstanding, my english is not that good. Can I ask you what the little cannister to the left is?

Welcome to the group Stian. Chips in foil pouches work alright . You should soak them in ware for 30 minutes before wrapping them. You will probably go through a couple pouches per cook.

Hi Stian
Welcome from a fellow Norwegian. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooking. You can find chunks from Weber in some shops (I've seen them in Jernia, COOP OBS Bygg, and occasionally Plantasjen), if not then use chips or sacrifice a branch of a fruit three (preferably your own…)

Snakkes

Svein

Back