Heavy Rain Sous Vide

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Picked up a beautiful boneless rib roast at Costco the other day and cut it into nice steaks, meant to do them on the Weber but it has been raining sideways with T storms all day. So Sous Vide it was

DSC04684_zpsxbf2b4b3.jpg

DSC04685_zpsssxtw5jt.jpg

See ya in a few hours

DSC04686_zpslzrhrwcr.jpg

Out of the bag, dried off, EVOO and Kosher and fresh ground on, rain stopped, on the Genny for a sear

DSC04687_zpsq0alhbqf.jpg

On the plate, heaven

DSC04688_zpsstuditkq.jpg

Have a great night

Bill - how does the texture of the meat from the sous vide with grill finish compare to doing it straight on the grill with a reverse sear? I have a sous vide but each time I've used it (haven't done steak) i always am a bigger fan of the texture of the meat from the grill cook.

Also, that looks great! I'll take two!
Daum

....and, that's how you do that! Nice, Bill. I have done a few steaks and tri tips with the sous vide, and really enjoy how they turn out. I'm guessing you have the rest of that roast tucked away for a (not) rainy day? :)

Rich

Bill - how does the texture of the meat from the sous vide with grill finish compare to doing it straight on the grill with a reverse sear? I have a sous vide but each time I've used it (haven't done steak) i always am a bigger fan of the texture of the meat from the grill cook.

Also, that looks great! I'll take two!
Daum

Daum the texture does not change per se, but you end up with a steak that is a consistent temp though out, my whole steak was 130 degrees. Adding a quick sear on the outside just makes it superb. I can get really good results on the charcoal and have for 40 years, but this takes it to another level. IMHO

....and, that's how you do that! Nice, Bill. I have done a few steaks and tri tips with the sous vide, and really enjoy how they turn out. I'm guessing you have the rest of that roast tucked away for a (not) rainy day? :)

Rich

You know me so well my friend

Bill your steak is gorgeous! I have never tried this technique but I have seen a lot of posts using it. I didn't even know what it was until I googled it. No matter what you do you do it well. Great meal!

Great looking steak Bill. I had the chance to cook some the same way when I visited my brother last year and they turned out great.

Hmmm I keep seeing the sous vide thing popping up a lot more on the forum, also with rave reviews. What you did just looks fantastic, of course everything you do looks fantastic. Maybe I need to get me a new toy and give this a try.
Oh Barb, I need to talk to you.;)

Bill all I can say is WOW!!!
That looks delicious and your plated pic is outstanding. As always another fantastic meal my friend.

Back