HeaterMeter v4.0 for RaspberyPi / Standalone

I'm a newbie.
Just wrapping my mind around all the possibilities.

Is there any info on making this compatible with the Rasp PI B+ ??

Thanks

Kevin

I'm a newbie.
Just wrapping my mind around all the possibilities.

Is there any info on making this compatible with the Rasp PI B+ ??

Thanks

Kevin

Byran is working on a version 5 that is compatible with just the B+. But, its probably better to build a 4.2 board and use a A,A+, or B. The B+ is still in testing and designing stages.

B+ and Pi 2 are not supported and are still several months out (for the B+) and longer for the Pi 2 (which also requires software support). Model A, A+, or B only with the v4.2 design.

Hey Bryan, thanks so much for doing all of this work and still staying active!

I'm getting ready for spring around here and bookmarked this page a long time ago. All of my Raspberry Pi stuff has been up on a shelf for years so I dug it out today to verify I have a model that is still good. Can you tell me which one is better to use for this? I have a Model B Revision 1.0 and Model B Revision 2.0.

I also noticed that some of the parts at Mouser are discontinued form the Mouse parts link - https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=0dba74d92d - they recommend a similar product number but I wanted to verify these will work before buying everything.

Thanks!

Hey Bryan, thanks so much for doing all of this work and still staying active!

I'm getting ready for spring around here and bookmarked this page a long time ago. All of my Raspberry Pi stuff has been up on a shelf for years so I dug it out today to verify I have a model that is still good. Can you tell me which one is better to use for this? I have a Model B Revision 1.0 and Model B Revision 2.0.

I also noticed that some of the parts at Mouser are discontinued form the Mouse parts link - https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=0dba74d92d - they recommend a similar product number but I wanted to verify these will work before buying everything.

Thanks!

Either of your Raspberry Pi's will work. I'd suggest ditching the plans to build a v4.0 and build the current v4.2

And if your dead set on 4.0, I have a few 4.0s lying around, soldered and ready to plug into a Rpi. For free.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize I was looking at the 4.0 hardware list. I want to use the 4.2.4 hardware of course. I was using the "Parts List" link from the first post in this thread which directs to the 4.0 hardware, I just blindly followed it. I should have paid attention to that and probably used the GitHub link instead which has the latest.

Thanks!

And if your dead set on 4.0, I have a few 4.0s lying around, soldered and ready to plug into a Rpi. For free.

Does this offer still stand? I've got an old Pi, and I am just beginning. I've budgeted for newer hardware, but the WAF is pretty low thanks to a few bad Home Theatre purchases! :)

I'd certainly pay post or whatever is fair.

Thanks,
Bryan

Does this offer still stand? I've got an old Pi, and I am just beginning. I've budgeted for newer hardware, but the WAF is pretty low thanks to a few bad Home Theatre purchases! :)

I'd certainly pay post or whatever is fair.

Thanks,
Bryan

Yeah. Have 1 left. PM me your address.

Hi, Just found this project while looking for an affordable BBQ temp controller. I've ordered 3 sets of 4.3 PCBs from OSHPark, so should have 2 spare in case anyone else UK/EU based wants one. Not sure how much they'll work out at until they arrive and HM Customs and Royal Mail have taken their cut. Drop me a message if interested. Otherwise, I'll probably list them on eBay unless that's not allowed.

I already have a Pi B+ and a load of AVR bits, so hopefully should have most of the parts count covered. Hopefully the boards will arrive and I can get it together and working before winter sets in here - although that doesn't usually stop me firing up the Weber.

Back