Have you used the Weber griddle accessory for performer or WSK?

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
My dear mother-in-law got me the weber griddle accessory for my WSK (I think it works on the performer too). I'm about to use it to make a couple of smashy burgers. Just curious if anyone else has used it, and if so, how much lit charcoal have you used underneath this sucker? Directions say heat to 400F but I'm thinking I'm going to shoot well past that with a half a large chimney of fogo lump charcoal... the materials are enamel cast iron so I'm thinking it will take the heat... again, just curious if anyone else has tried it. I'm going to light it up here in about 90 minutes then watch the Blues vs Avalanche (Go Blues)...

Here's a pic so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Planning to preheat, put a little avacodo oil on it, and then 80/20 smash burgers.

1653687586769.png

True to my word - I fired up the Fogo and did up the burgers.

I pre-smashed the 80/20 beef in the kitchen, sprinkled lightly with the Lawry's w/black pepper. I formed the meat into 4.5 oz balls and used the 10" CI skillet to smash between 2 pieces of parchment paper.

IMG-4617.jpg

Sorry - no photos of the patties on the griddle.... but here's the "finished work" You can see the crispy edges on the burgers. Griddle got up to about 645F after only about a 5 minute preheat over the Fogo lump charcoal o_O. Charcoal grate was in the upper position on the WSK

IMG-4618.jpg

We kept it real simple tonight, just mayo and a little mustard. Wifey was really happy with the results which made me happy. I ate the double, she had the single.... Would have been nice to have a few pickles but the store didn't have wifey's favorites so we did without.... we're survivors like that ;)

IMG-4620.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this earlier to assist with some questions, but looks like you did a great job! They look fantastic, We LOVE smashburgers here!!

I use a tortilla press to do mine, those look great and I have the same attachment for my Weber!

Those griddle plates are the ant's pants, bloody fantastic I would say. I bought the griddle plate and the cross check steak grilling plate both being cast iron keeps the heat.

I love how the griddle plate (we call them hotplates down here in Australia) just sears nicely, onions, bacon and eggs and they are also great for grilling sliced vegetables like Potatoes, Butternut pumpkin or sweet potato, zucchini slices, egg plant slices and even stir fries if you don't have a WOK. There is a WOK and steamer, pizza stone. Dutch oven and chicken sitter inserts that go into that hole....it's a brilliant idea from Weber. I'll be getting the Dutch oven next as it coming Winter down here now and it's casserole & stew season.

Awesome looking burgers you made too.....Yummo!!

Cheers

Davo

Hi John, I use mine to make paella as well as frying eggs and mishrooms for a breakfast. They really do everything a flat griddle/plancha does but with a lip so liquid can be used.

I use that configuration often but I I didn't splurge for the Weber griddle since a Lodge 12" CI fits perfectly in the GBS. Reverse sear steaks, paella, smash burgers, eggs...

Huge update - I did my second round of smash burgs on this griddle last night & MY DAUGHTER loved her burger.... she hasn't eaten a burger at home in several months and had been insisting that I grill her a chicken breast on burger night. Now my family unit is back together again thanks to smash burgers ;) 🤣

Here she is hiding behind the paper towel roll finishing off her burger while it's still hot... My burger was a double and looking a lot like my avatar w/out sesame seeds this time.

1655649168248.png

Back