Has Anyone Been Asked to Join the Weber Griller's Circle?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I received an email not too long ago inviting me to join the Weber Griller's Circle. I agreed to join and give feedback on various ideas and products Weber is considering. As part of the agreement, I am not allowed to disclose ANYTHING they share with me, here or on any social media or other public forum.

I was wondering if anyone else got one of these invitations?

I think I have provided Weber with plenty of advice through this forum already. I don't think they feel the need to put me on the rolls.

I can only hope a Weber pellet grill is a high priority on their list.

If any opportunity comes up to recommend this I definitely will! Nothing related to the Griller's Circle, but I strongly suspect there are prototypes being worked on in Palatine. If not, they are missing a big boat.

Good for you Jon. You are certainly worthy. You have a very balanced and fair outlook on weber products. And your rehab projects show a real flair for innovation too. It's easy to see why they would want you.

If that is so that means Weber is reading these forums.
Too bad as me spending $1000 plus on their products means nothing to their support. I did not get anything out of Weber, not a iota of info, much less warranty parts on their BS warranty. That and the total CSR arrogance done it for me.
That is why I went with Broilmaster.

Last edited:
Yes, Weber does read this forum. Many of the features that went into the new 22.5" WSM and the improved 18.5" WSM in 2009 were a direct result of forum input...and I was provided an early 22.5" WSM to evaluate and traveled to Palatine IL to debrief. You can read about it here: http://virtualweberbullet.com/weberhqvisit.html

Yes, I was asked to join Weber Griller's Circle, and I did.

Good for you Jon. You are certainly worthy. You have a very balanced and fair outlook on weber products. And your rehab projects show a real flair for innovation too. It's easy to see why they would want you.

I totally agree.

Yes, Weber does read this forum. Many of the features that went into the new 22.5" WSM and the improved 18.5" WSM in 2009 were a direct result of forum input...and I was provided an early 22.5" WSM to evaluate and traveled to Palatine IL to debrief. You can read about it here: http://virtualweberbullet.com/weberhqvisit.html

Some guys get all the breaks!

But to be honest, you do a lot of research and have invited a significant number of serious (and novice) smokers and trillers to this very cordial, informative site, you earned the trip to Palatine!

A number of years ago I got an email from them asking me to join which I did but I never really logged into it after the first couple times and am sure I could not now. Heck I would not even remember my login and password

Coincidentally, less than one week after my joining this forum, I was invited to the Griller's Circle. Hmmm...maybe not so coincidentally.... Another possibility is that I may have logged in at the Weber website around that time (not sure), so they could have drawn my name from that visit.

It has been interesting seeing these responses. No, I don't think I got an invite for anything special. Probably more likely because of how many grills I have registered with Weber! It is good to think that maybe some Weber execs do read some of what we post here. While I wish Weber could have stayed "Made in U.S.A." I still want them to succeed and continue to improve and bring out new products. So, I am glad to have even a limited avenue for helping with that.

Wow, Chris, that would be the Weber trip of a lifetime. I didn't know anything about that opportunity Weber gave you, so I am glad you posted a link for it. That must have been a blast. I would love to do something like that today and talk with some of their people first hand. Not that I have all the ideas, but from being on this board and my own rehabbing/collecting/grilling (including experimenting with some other brands) I think I would at least have some interesting conversations. Who knows, maybe someday!

It has been interesting seeing these responses. No, I don't think I got an invite for anything special. Probably more likely because of how many grills I have registered with Weber! It is good to think that maybe some Weber execs do read some of what we post here. While I wish Weber could have stayed "Made in U.S.A." I still want them to succeed and continue to improve and bring out new products. So, I am glad to have even a limited avenue for helping with that.

Wow, Chris, that would be the Weber trip of a lifetime. I didn't know anything about that opportunity Weber gave you, so I am glad you posted a link for it. That must have been a blast. I would love to do something like that today and talk with some of their people first hand. Not that I have all the ideas, but from being on this board and my own rehabbing/collecting/grilling (including experimenting with some other brands) I think I would at least have some interesting conversations. Who knows, maybe someday!

I think and I'm sure a lot of others do also that you could really make a contribution to their designs. You have restored a lot of their grills and surly have come up with some ideas that could improve their products.

Also Jon I sent you a couple PMs

Wow Chris, that must have been such a treat, including the meats! Of course, we gasser folk would have had a completely different angle so to speak, and if you think about it now would be a very, very interesting time to speak with them due to the new models etc. It is a bit of a shame that they discontinued the old style Genesis line. If they brought that classic line of grills back, I wonder how they would do in the marketplace.

Back