Happy Father's Day to me!

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
The UPS guy dropped off my Father's Day gift a bit early. My 2002 Silver Kettle was about to die (handle rusting off), and I mentioned to my wife that I thought the bigger 26.75" one would be a cool replacement. She listened and the 60+ lb box was sitting in my garage. I assembled it last night (along with throwing a coat of Poorboy's Polish with Sealant on it) and it gets its maiden cook tonight with fajitas.

First of all, the thing is a monster. I put it together in the house last night and the wife was worried it wouldn't fit through the door to the back porch. I have it sitting out there next to my old kettle and the size difference is crazy. I need to throw a party just to see how much food I can fit on there.

20140611_065845_zpsozm75pjv.jpg

Congrats Scott! Beautiful grill. Don't get rid of the 22.5 ots; you can repair the handle and keep her in the family.

Very nice Scott....I agree with Pete, you can never have too many grills, I keep telling the lady of the house that, but she isn't listening.

The rust is actually on the dome itself. The best way I could fix it would be to drill it out and bolt through into a strap/support piece. I don't want to do that to the old girl. The hook to hang it on the side of the kettle has also long fell off. A new dome would be great, but it's probably as much as a used grill. Plus, I don't have the room on the patio.

Dinner was great. I'll have to learn to use just sections of the grill since one chimney of charcoal doesn't seem to go too far.

20140611_191714_zpsn3kzain3.jpg

Dinner looks great. Try a BBQ wok, mine have been around forever, but I saw some at HD for around $15

Happy Fathers Day! There is a lot of information on the 26 if you search previous articles. I have some posts in there as well as others. Learning to cook with the 26 is a great experience. Tons of grill space, direct and indirect.

Back