Hand-cut Ribeyes

That’s a special cut there. Beautiful color and marbling. How thick do you like your steaks?

Hopefully you enjoyed a nice wine with that. Nicely done.

Had to look at it again....not gonna lie its maybe my 4rth or 5th look....... I am inspired and heading to my beef butcher this weekend to top off for the holidays.....
My 2 freezers are so jammed I don't have room for brisket, but I do have room for a dozen steaks maybe and a handful of skirts and picanhas.....
Looks amazing.

That’s a special cut there. Beautiful color and marbling. How thick do you like your steaks?

Hopefully you enjoyed a nice wine with that. Nicely done.
I cut these steaks around 1.5" thick, a little over a pound apiece untrimmed. These are very rich, so I only eat about half of one, the rest of it will be sliced thin, served in toasted ciabatta or baguette.

Had to look at it again....not gonna lie its maybe my 4rth or 5th look....... I am inspired and heading to my beef butcher this weekend to top off for the holidays.....
My 2 freezers are so jammed I don't have room for brisket, but I do have room for a dozen steaks maybe and a handful of skirts and picanhas.....
Looks amazing.
I feel your pain, my freezers are also maxed out!

Those look great. I just did ribeyes a few days ago. Not as pretty as yours but still good eating. I do not have often berceuse the wife hates fat and wants it all cut off. The good new is that she usually leaves me the cap as leftovers.

You know, I was just re reading the original post and you said “This arrived earlier this week.”
How come that kind of thing never just “Arrives” for me!?

You know, I was just re reading the original post and you said “This arrived earlier this week.”
How come that kind of thing never just “Arrives” for me!?
Unfortunately, Creekstone Farms only puts this item on sale a couple of times a year & they have already sold out.

Dang it. Looked at this delicious thread again and now I want steak.
Enablers.
This is true.......I now have 100% plans to be going to my beef butcher this Saturday, mostly because of these pictures....
I have 2 steaks left in the freezer and apparently I need to stock up.
10 premium steaks will probably run me about $200.......then there is the hanger, flank, picanha and chuck roasts I need to get while I am there.
It is a 70 minute drive, and I always make it worth my time.
Bank account hates it........

Last edited:
I’d drive an hour for GOOD butchery!
mmm hmmmm
I have many other choices closer to home but this is the one that has good quality and choices rated by grade.
I find a cut I want to buy as in a beef roast and then try to find the cheaper stuff AAA and find one really that is marbled well above the rest and looks really good and maybe should be on the prime cooler.....then I pick that out of the cooler and have them "free" cut it into steaks of my liking.
All steaks get cut from whole muscles.
I could take the whole roast home but this makes more sense in a lot of ways.....like no waste and all I do is have to go home and vac pack.
Not a lot of options like that around here....but of course no meat like shown above pictures.
That roast looks insane.

Back