Halibut with Grilled Tomato Sauce

JSchlegelmilch

TVWBB Pro
My wife, daughter and I put together this dinner. My wife is the real photographer and took the pictures on this one. This is a grilled piece of halibut. The sauce is grilled tomatoes reduced with red wine vinegar, shallots and brown sugar. It is served with some grill-baked red potatoes that were oiled and seasoned with Old-Bay.

Thanks for looking!
-Jeff

I've been thinking of grilling some fish lately. You know, just for the halibut.

Nice cook, Halibut is da bomb. Fun to catch fun to eat. The only thing not fun about Halibut is getting the hook out of its mouth

Beautiful cook !

For those that are "on the fence" about eating fish, get yourself some fresh halibut !
It is one of the best eating fish on the planet...meaty texture and not "fishy" !

And if you can, treat yourself to an Alaska fishing trip.
It's quite an experience actually catching these fish and it's not that expensive if you do a self-directed type trip.
The all-inclusive trips are the spendy ones.

E X C E L L E N C E ! ! !
No Doubt About It, That's One Beautiful Dinner!! Very Nice Jeff & Mrs.!!

Thar is exceptional. Did you get any smoke flavour in the sauce?

Thanks! I didn't use any smoke wood on this. It had the fire grilled flavor from the char on the tomatoes though. I'm sure a few wood chips would give it some smokiness if you wanted to add it.

Back