Guess what this is.

Peach upside-down cake?
Peach-Upside-Down-Cake-1.jpg
I used fresh yellow peaches and omitted the cherries.

Last edited:
That looks out standing Dan. Like the use of the CI pan I have a 12" deep one that will be perfect for that.
Perfect timing, our next door neighbor has a huge peach tree just loaded with peaches. I've been collecting some recipes for peaches and just added this one to the collection.
Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the kind words. I've never made an upside-down cake before. I was going to make cobbler but went this direction instead.

I used a 10.25 inch lodge and it barely fit

I put a sheet pan under it to catch any spillage, and there was a little, mostly peach sugar bubbling out the side. Not much, just a few drips.

I eyeballed the amount of peaches and used three large yellow cling peaches, peeled and sliced fairly thin. Two were over-ripe and really soft, one a little under ripe. I put the under-ripe on the bottom of the CI so it got more direct to pan contact.

Betty Crocker yellow deluxe cake mix. nothing special. I kept the recipe really simple for a first try.

Oven temp was 350F. around the 30 min mark I lowered oven temp to 330F as the top was browning but I did not think 30 mins was long enough. Total cook time was about 45 mins.

My notes for next time:

I think a small amount of lemon juice is needed. The peaches were very sweet and I think a touch of acid would be worth it.

I think I'll sprinkle some cinnamon in with peach butter sugar.

I have a 12" deep one that will be perfect for that.

The original recipe is for 13x9 or 117 sq in. 12" round is 113 sq in so its closer in size to what the recipe had.

10.25 round is 82 sq in, so maybe this kept the cake from rising a little. Hard to say. It was delicious last night and I'm going to have a slice for breakfast !

Please share how the 12" CI works out ! (edit: I don't have a 12" CI. Maybe I need one :D )

Back