Grillers circle.

Well I’m a charter member of the :
”Society of the Devoted Pursuers of Hephaestus“
In fact, I am the president of the US chapter.
Mr. TonyUK president of the UK chapter.
Charter members
Mr. Robert Herrington
Mr. Stephen G. Lewis
Mr. Patrick Barnes
Honorary members
Mr. Bob Correll, for generosity and skill (Posthumously)
Mr. Cliff Bartlet, for generosity and skill (Posthumously)
Mr. Rich Dahl, for kindness and generosity (skill of course)
Mr. Bruce Keister, for guidance in restoration
Mr. Jon Tofte, for sheer freaking talent!

Membership is by invitation and the whim of the president’s council.
We are an elite society to say the least.
Still working on the T-shirt design.
Hail Hephaestus!

Last edited:
Mr. Robert Herrington
Mr. Stephen G. Lewis
Mr. Patrick Barnes

Hail Hephaestus!
1656617524052.gif

Charter members
Mr. Robert Herrington
Mr. Stephen G. Lewis
Mr. Patrick Barnes
Honorary members
Mr. Bob Correll, for generosity and skill (Posthumously)
Mr. Cliff Bartlet, for generosity and skill (Posthumously)
Mr. Rich Dahl, for kindness and generosity (skill of course)
Mr. Bruce Keister, for guidance in restoration
Mr. Jon Tofte, for sheer freaking talent!

Still working on the T-shirt design.
Hail Hephaestus!
Somehow I forgot one of the most important members,
Mr. Chris Allingham for everything he does to inspire people to use their grills and smokers with confidence! Thanks Boss.

This thread has taken an interesting turn... :)

I got the impression that it is invitation only.
It is.

The problem with this type of focus group is that they have the most experienced, knowledgeable people.
We have no insight into the mix of individuals, their experience levels, number/type of grills owned, ages, etc. Hopefully they're inviting the right mix of beginner, intermediate, and advanced users depending on their research objectives. But we'll never know because they don't share this info.

This thread has taken an interesting turn... :)

It is.

We have no insight into the mix of individuals, their experience levels, number/type of grills owned, ages, etc. Hopefully they're inviting the right mix of beginner, intermediate, and advanced users depending on their research objectives. But we'll never know because they don't share this info.
Chris, don’t they all go askew sooner or later?😉

please let me in. I only swore at customer service once and I didn't mean it. t's just that Cristian just kept asking me the part number over and over and it wasn't labeled in the owners manual. I am a nice guy, please let me join the secret club I don't tell anyone anything and I'll even lie under oath.

Last edited by a moderator:
please let me in. I only swore at customer service once and I didn't mean it. t's just that Cristian just kept asking me the part number over and over and it wasn't labeled in the owners manual. I am a nice guy, please let me join the secret club I don't tell anyone anything and I'll even lie under oath.

I’m not sure begging or groveling will get one in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Brett! I’m quite proud of it, my cabinetmaker buddy made that up for me using 100+year old cypress barrel staves from the old Stroh brewery vats. Made it up in an afternoon. Nothing like knowing people with skills!
i would be too. it's quite expressive of your commitment and enthusiasm for grilling. i'm still building my new island in my head of how i want it to look and function with my E6, a high powered wok burner and possibly a build it gasser. my delay is, i haven't used any gasser in a year so i'm not sure i want or need one. so the plan remains in my head...

enjoy the 4th! i'm sure you can cook up a killer presentation with your setup.

i would be too. it's quite expressive of your commitment and enthusiasm for grilling. i'm still building my new island in my head of how i want it to look and function with my E6, a high powered wok burner and possibly a build it gasser. my delay is, i haven't used any gasser in a year so i'm not sure i want or need one. so the plan remains in my head...

enjoy the 4th! i'm sure you can cook up a killer presentation with your setup.
I understand the “mental design” aspect. I’m waiting to find a 26 and duplicate the “over performer” with that on one end and the ( backup ) 22 in the same format set up as either a dedicated rotisserie unit or pizza station. The hamster is getting tired of driving that whole design engine so, until I find the 26, the little is taking a well earned nap!
Im sure you remember the “windscreen” don’t you?CDEC9FF1-78EA-4036-8E08-3AE59D8A4C05.jpeg

BDA23BC5-4F7F-4F2A-B66B-2DC65E1B473A.jpeg
there have been a couple of tweaks since these pictures but, you get the idea. It has performed better than I’d anticipated!

Thanks Brett! I’m quite proud of it, my cabinetmaker buddy made that up for me using 100+year old cypress barrel staves from the old Stroh brewery vats. Made it up in an afternoon. Nothing like knowing people with
That's it. My memory on your thread was failing. Looks great. From a distance looks like old bowling alley lane made into a table. Nice. I still need to build one for a buddy who is not doing well. Send me some tips about mounting etc.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a couple bowls for performers, I’ve thought about trying something crazy. The company I work for has a ton of stainless tube to work with, if I ever get back on that side I will build something.

Back