Grilled Pork Chops, Acorn Squash and Cajun Three Pepper Bread

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
One of our local markets had bone in pork sirloin chops on sale for 99¢ a pound. Bought a couple packs of them, held two chops out and froze the rest. Grilled up a couple of those along with a couple of bakers and acorn squash with Asiago and Sage. Also, earlier in the day I baked a loaf of Cajun Three Pepper Bread. Have been following a lot of Eric Rush and pulled this recipe off of Breadtopia. I'll throw in a few pictures of that too.

I'll start with the bread. This was much different than the bread I've been doing the past year. Along with the starter (no packaged yeast in this bread) it includes bread flour, uncooked polenta, cayenne pepper, coarse black pepper, sea salt, Tabasco, water, finely chopped garlic, finely diced red bell pepper, and chopped parsley.

Let rise for 18 hours.

30 minutes at 500°.

Done.

OK. On to the squash. Got working on the glaze. Not shown is the butter.

Squash, Russets and the Asiago Cheese for the squash.

Put the butter mixture on the squash and placed on indirect heat (gave the squash a quick toast over direct heat first) along with the spuds.

The chops.

I marinated the chops for about 8 hours in water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon pepper seasoning and minced garlic.

Last edited:
After 30 minutes I sprinkled the grated Asiago Cheese on the squash and also some chopped Italian Parsley. Let them go another 15 minutes.

Chops on some direct heat. Took about 8 minutes or so, flipping once.

Squash and potatoes done.

Chops too.

Sliced the bread.

Plated.

This was a fantastic meal. Those pork chops had wonderful flavor and were nice and moist. My wife absolutely loved the bread. She said it was my best ever. It was delicious. Had a little heat but not overpowering. Will definitely add it to my list of keepers. Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited:
Wow! That is one impressive meal Cliff, nicely done. I'm venturing out on the bread thing too, getting a little burn out on the Forkish breads. Going to take a look at that breadtopia as That bread you did looks exactly like what I would want to try.

Cliff, you nailed that one from start to finish. Love the bread and the squash is awesome. Will be doing them real soon. Thanks for sharing you outstanding cook.

Back