Grilled Jambalaya Round 2

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
Hey guys! It has been a bit since my last post. I wanted to share this with everyone. A few weeks ago I had decided to try my hand at making jambalaya. When I decide to make something, I research what I want to make and come up with my own recipe. The more I thought about how to make it I wondered how it would come out if I did it on the grill. Bottom line, the taste was there, but I had cooked it with the rice in the jambalaya, and it came out really mushy. Fast forward to round 2 which I made today. I made a few changes to how I made it. After prepping all of the ingredients, I started by grilling the chicken and andouille sausage.

Once done, I brought them inside to cool off. I then put the grilling wok on the grill to preheat it. I started off by adding some vegetable oil and then the bell peppers.

I let them cook for about 5 minutes. I then added the sweet onions, celery, garlic and the dry ingredients. I let them cook for about 5-7 minutes.

Once the veggies started getting soft, I added the Rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. I brought the mixture to a boil, added the 2 bay leaves, the grilled chicken and andouille sausage. I let it simmer on the grill for 25 minutes.

While the mixture was simmering on the grill, I made some white rice. Here is the finished product:

All in all this jambalaya was A LOT better than the first time I made it. I am very happy with the changes I made. I hope you try out this recipe and like it too. Thanks for reading!

Chuck

Last edited:
Very nice method of controlling all the ingredients, looks perfect! Thanks for sharing Chuck.

Looks excellent! You pushed me over the edge. I'm replacing my worn out stock grate with a gourmet grate for Christmass and now I will also get the wok. Did not know it had such a good size!

Oops sorry guys! I let this slip past me! Thank you all! It tasted even better the next day!

Jose, the wok is an awesome addition to the grilling tools. Besides the jambalaya, I have made stew and also a few stir fry meals. I love it and recommend getting it!

Thanks again guys!

Back