Grilled Club Steaks

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Happy Weekend Everyone!
two inch thick bone-in rib eye steaks were on Friday night's menu, so I ordered two ovum!

DSCN1476.JPG

while i was at my butcher shoppe, i picked up a few thick pork chops too. I'll grill acoupla these real soon.
Anyway, back to Friday's dinner... Baby Yukons and dwarf onions on Fire Wire®

DSCN1480.JPG

after a while the steaks hit the grates

DSCN1483.JPG

DSCN1484.JPG

they took a while to cook...

DSCN1485.JPG

DSCN1488.JPG

DSCN1490.JPG

the steaks were removed from the grill and rested a bit.... while the onions and taters finished.

DSCN1494.JPG

Fresh garden green beans were sautéed with minced gaaaaaalic and more garden tomatoes

DSCN1496.JPG

and tonight's dinner looked very much like
this

DSCN1497.JPG

each steak weighed in well over two pounds and ... for the 1st time in a long time, I did not eet it all.
maybe eggs and steak is in order for tomorrow

Thanks for visiting, so long!
(\__/)
(='.'=)

That is some manly looking steaks Jim! Love the action pics. And the food looks stellar as always.

Now that's the kind of flamin' post I like!
How's your eyebrows?

Don't see how 64+ ounces of rib-eyes can be cooked any better than that!

(is it just me, or is the number of a's in gaaaalic growing?)

That is some manly looking steaks Jim! Love the action pics. And the food looks stellar as always.
That's funny; I was going to say that. Great steaks Jim!

I really like a thick cut steak. Is a matter of fact I almost always have the butcher cut one for me if they aren't atleast 1 1/2" to 2 " thick in the case. Nothing better than getting your grill SCREAMIN hot and searing the bajeezus out of them. They are pretty forgiving when they are that monsterous.

Looks great !!

Thank you everyone for your kind words:)
Jon, that's EXACTLY what liz called them when she saw 'em: ROASTS!
We cut up the leftovers and made tacos out ovum for dinner tonight... good stuff!

Thanks again folks, Good night
smiley-happy059.gif

Back