Grill Rehab Facility

Yah, a fridge and a big screen TV and a couple chairs in the corner and there would be little reason to go back into the house except for sleeping.

Yah, a fridge and a big screen TV and a couple chairs in the corner and there would be little reason to go back into the house except for sleeping.

That would be me.

I could fill a shop like that with tools (if I had the money) in about five minutes.

Very nice Ralph. My last house I had a four car garage and an attached 600 sf. shop, but we down sized and all my large toolbox's and tools are stuck in a standard two car garage. You will really enjoy that space.

"and all my large toolbox's and tools are stuck in a standard two car garage. "

So much envy. I moved from an oversized 2 car garage (that I had little room in) to a small one car garage. My shop now is mostly storage space.

#somuchenvy

As is mine Jason. I have to wheel my operation out into the driveway to work each day.

I don’t even have a real driveway at home, so my ramshackle cottage shop, as humble as it is, is that much more of a blessing. It helps so much to be able to leave things as is and come back later to do more.

Pleased that all major construction is over, except for heat and air and what is left for me to do-paint and epoxy floor. For some reason, this was very stressful for me. Maybe because of spending large quantities of cash and not knowing what I'd end up with. But, my contractor was a pretty straight shooter and worth his 10% (I think). Most importantly to the wife, the porta john is finally out of the yard. You can see a grill in there meant for my BIL that didn't quite get finished for Christmas, it will be ready for his birthday in early February.

Should have more time to get on the lookout for Christmas replacement grills.

V3wY6HX.jpg

7Dffti7.jpg

I’m kind of happy that I prefer charcoal units, much less mechanical headaches. With Weber charcoal things, if “The bowl is clean, the light is green!”
That most certainly does not mean I am not wishing that I had a “shop” half that size! For me it would become more party equipment storage/extra kitchen space!

Cheap lipstick on a pig???? My early bachelor modern decorated "shop"

I have been enjoying starting to use my little "shop" that my organization gave me use of for free. Finally, dry space to store projects and a separate room to do work and have current projects in. Little by little more of my tools and supplies are finding my way there which makes things less crowded in my shed and even home office:eek:. That makes my wife happy:eek:.

It is a pretty ugly little place, so I decided to makeup my own Weber posters using the "tile" function in Microsoft Publisher. It is tedious cutting out and matching the sheets like a puzzle, but it is a cheap way to print in poster size. There are seams, of course, and some of my posters are not perfectly straight, but hey it's a man cave shop, not my living room. At least now it looks like a WEBER shop and people who visit have some interesting things to read...

AHwtcwy.jpg

WcmADCL.jpg

ldxGgPx.jpg

SHZj1Fo.jpg

iJ6T4QP.jpg

WOtVjLU.jpg

Nice work Jon. Looks like you organized and stocked that shop right out of
rehabbers manual. I see virtually everything there I need already.
I could walk right in there and go to work.

Some nice looking shops you guys have. Especially the detached ones, so cool. Like some of you, I have a makeshift shop in our two car garage. I do plan on rain-proofing the patio below our deck, at least will give me some good cover for storage and to cook outside during rain.

Back