Grill light?

My better half likes to eat later, sometimes into the night. My patio flood light doesnt cut it, so I bought an off-brand unit, but I dont like the light temp. It makes the food look weird too the point I cant really tell the color.

Does the Weber light give natural "day light" light? And/or does anybody have suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

I agree, I dislike the “cool” color that you get from most LED lights too. I found some lights which seem to be much more a “full spectrum” light for my kitchen track lights. I don’t know if anyone makes them for grill lights or not.

Here was and is my solution:

Keep on smokin',
Dale53 :wsm:

Thats a quartz work light. I have on in the garage, but that is too bright. I live in a subdivision, and need to be a little more obscure.

I agree, I dislike the “cool” color that you get from most LED lights too. I found some lights which seem to be much more a “full spectrum” light for my kitchen track lights. I don’t know if anyone makes them for grill lights or not.
LEDs with a 2700K color temp seems to match my old recessed halogens pretty well.

Jim, that seems a little bit overkill for the “P1GVILLION” but, it’s your decision.
Decided I’d waited long enough for the last of the care package you sent, lots of frustrating news around here and something like really GOOD bacon seemed like the thing to have! Had most for lunch and “upgraded” a Costco sausage pizza with black olives, the rest of the bacon and some fresh mozzarella, pineapple on wife’s side.
Thanks again buddy!

Here is my grill light. Hue bulb in an outdoor, wet rated fixture. It used to be in the metal, canvas roofed gazebo over our deck table, but that had seen better days and was removed. I can set the color temp to whatever I want/need.

y4mpmMfuM-zrgkX7cfFSIkGoBgm7dz1l7qPhp6hooS71YQX07dXNQrR6RzSNfrOO_Ct3wa7a3VZHVsGJ580LLtCDEVEDNOhM9VJsq-bF67no5lGWSi3lGF_RHGiCahuP-aGlXYc6Cwkfkutda1YAbmic4KXJgOtjQ-fvfyr88Oxzzhags1g9PVaHIcptK1Ebfqyj-R4KGHoztumc3trgWL87w

I have those Hue's on most of my indoor lights. Kitchen, dining, front room and puter room.
Voice commands and you can dim or change colors, turn on/off without touching a switch.

Tim

I like the daylite bulbs these days, put 4' leds up in the carport/cookport lol
“Cookport” I like that! I’m going to try to sell the idea of a “Grillzebo” but, that won’t happen very soon. Have to finish the kitchen and then replace French doors before I can consider that project.

I was wondering about this and need a light for the handle. (Weber Genesis B) However the Weber 7516 doesn't seem like it does very well for longevity/reliability. Grill n Go #7661 is too expensive the other one a #6503 waaay too expensive. An LED these days costs a dollar or so but the reliability and a housing that needs to be heatproof is the issue. It doesn't have to be a Weber so I am open to options.

FYI, the cool/bright/daylight LED lights attract many more bugs. Ask someone who has ever used a bright white headlamp outside...

Soft/warm LED lights (2700K or so) attract fewer bugs. Warm/soft LED bulbs are pretty much like those old fashioned yellow bug lights. You should use them on your grill, porch, patio etc. over bright white.

Last edited:
I was wondering about this and need a light for the handle. (Weber Genesis B) However the Weber 7516 doesn't seem like it does very well for longevity/reliability.

I have hoarded a couple of the discontinued Weber 7516 Grill Out lights that fit the flat handle of my 00 Silver B. But those aren't the most durable and they are getting harder and harder to come by. The flat bracket adapter for the Silver is completely unobtainable -- so I have to keep using my partly melted bracket with each new light unit.

Does anyone know if old 6503 (straps onto the Q handle) or 6427 table light fit onto the Silver handle brackets? Those are easier to find and look like they should be compatible.

Would be nice if there's a good alternative to scrounging for the old Weber lights.

Back