Grill Grates arrived

MikeD125

TVWBB All-Star
So Mr UPS was at my house today and delivered my Grill Grates. I went with them over Craycort for the easier maintenance and rusting concerns. Oh Craycort grates are 15% off right now, you just need the promo code fathersday15 . Anyways back to the Grill Grates, I found the heat to be consistent and a big improvement over the regular stainless steel.

So the big questions
Am I satisfied with my purchase? Yes
Would i buy them again? Yes.

I wanted to try them out so I made some spuds and carrots, tossed them in some tin foil with olive oil and some spices. Then made a couple small steaks.

IMAGE_93853F17-977C-4675-9F63-96FBA8AE82EA.JPG

IMAGE_C9D90A86-11BE-4FC6-B3A8-8159DF692326.JPG

IMAGE_D52EE1CB-6F20-4F42-8991-093DE60A9CEC.JPG

Last edited:
Probably a stupid/n00b question, but what's the supposed draw/advantage of those?

This is the first I have seen or heard of them.

Nice looking steaks!! What are the benefits of using the grill grates other than great grill marks?

Grill grates reduce flare-up (do not eliminate flare up but seriously reduce it) and get super hot compared to the original Weber OTG grate. Using the unique flipper included with the grates provides a superior lifting of the meat compared to conventional spatulas. I like mine for steaks, chops, and hamburgers, that's for sure.

FWIW,
Dale53

I like cooking on my GrillGrates, and they are easy to clean up. I use them on my Q's and my Weber charcoal grills.

Nice looking steak. Does the coupon for the craycorts just work on the craycort website?

Grill grates reduce flare-up (do not eliminate flare up but seriously reduce it) and get super hot compared to the original Weber OTG grate. Using the unique flipper included with the grates provides a superior lifting of the meat compared to conventional spatulas. I like mine for steaks, chops, and hamburgers, that's for sure.

FWIW,
Dale53

I couldn't believe how hot they got and the steaks did not stick at all. The flipper is also cool.

Great looking cook Mike! I have found with my grill grates and it also tells you
on their website that they are about 100 degrees hotter than what your actually
grill temperature is. I really do enjoy mine!

Mike was there any seasoning or oiling the grates needed, or just set them on the grill?

Thanks

Back