Grill Cover Needed for Weber Performer / King Kong Cover Any Good?

I got one for the silver B I gave to my daughter in law and she transferred it to the Genesis when the “B” went belly up. Still using it five years after I bought it!

I have one for my Silver C it is still going strong after 3 years and has not faded into oblivion like the Weber Cover that I previously had which was basically junk.

That looks to be a good price with a brush and tongs thrown in which they normally do.

This is the one I bought for my performer in 2018 its actually a buck cheaper and there is a 5% coupon now. It has held up great and fits great. Now let me say this the Performer is in covered space with the cover on outside so its not getting rained or snowed on.

Last edited:
Although I don't have the one I am listing below, I do have several of this brand for my patio furniture covers. A little more heavy duty.

I have the Ravenna cover for my SSP and it is really good. It fits the SSP well though it is designed for the newer generation Performer. I like the thick fabric, elastic drawstrings, ripcord with buckles to secure to legs of grill, air venting, and the classy way it looks. I also have matching covers for a couple of 22” kettles and fire pit. They’ve held up well except the fire pit cover wore out after about 3-4 years. Your mileage may very.

I don’t use them as much lately… hassling with a cover slows me down in getting to what I really want to do which is crack a beer open and grill.

Last edited:
I have a couple of them, and they have been great one is three years old and I believe the other is around 5 years old and both are holding up fine. The sun up here in the mountains of Az is just brutal. The last Weber I bought lasted one season and it was toast.

I don't have any KingKong covers but if you see negative feedback that prompts you to keep searching I can say that I've been using this one since April 2019 and it performs very well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010MTZRYC/?tag=tvwb-20
Just curious - what kind of "negative feedback" are we talking about? It is a cover. I have a propylene cover for both my WSM and my Traeger, both have lasted 5 years without one bit of damage. Unfortunately, I do not recall where I bought them, and none have a tag. Anyway, the King Kong cover is waterproof, so I don't see how it will degrade if outdoors.

I have the Ravenna cover for my SSP and it is really good. It fits the SSP well though it is designed for the newer generation Performer. I like the thick fabric, elastic drawstrings, ripcord with buckles to secure to legs of grill, air venting, and the classy way it looks. I also have matching covers for a couple of 22” kettles and fire pit. They’ve held up well except the fire pit cover wore out after about 3-4 years. Your mileage may very.

I don’t use them as much lately… hassling with a cover slows me down in getting to what I really want to do which is crack a beer open and grill.
do you have a link to the Ravenna?

Just curious - what kind of "negative feedback" are we talking about? It is a cover. I have a propylene cover for both my WSM and my Traeger, both have lasted 5 years without one bit of damage. Unfortunately, I do not recall where I bought them, and none have a tag. Anyway, the King Kong cover is waterproof, so I don't see how it will degrade if outdoors.
I think this is a moot point since our members gave favorable feedback on the Kong and you seem to think it's not possible for a waterproof cover to be of poor quality, lol.

I never said anything like that at all. All I asked was what were the negative comments? Pretty simple question. Based upon the comments from those here, no one seems to have an issue with their waterproof covers being damaged by water.

Back