Greetings from a new member

Brock Gingery

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone.
New here so I thought I would say hello. I've spent most of my life bouncing around the Great Lakes, so my first memories of grilling and smoking started when I was around 4. My father had a cylindrical vertical smoker (no water pan, just a bowl for charcoal in the bottom) and he came home with a salmon from a fishing trip that he smoked on it.

Buying my own first grill it was a standard Weber 22 inch after highschool, but I had family that always had me grill for them on whatever they had and that is how I came to prefer charcoal over gas after having a lot of experience with both. That first weber lasted me over 14 years in spite of a family member running it over, a downburst in a storm throwing it from the porch it was on, and a couple dogs knocking it over. My current Kettle is a year and a half in, with several smokes on it, and over 100 standard cooks on it. I just ordered a Weber Smokey Mountain (Waiting since it is back ordered), and plan to modify it to suit my own personal needs/wants.

I look forward to joining in here and possibly sharing some photos as opportunity arises.
Safe Grilling/Smoking everybody.

Hi Brock, WELCOME!!!!!!

I clicked on where you said you were from on your avatar and saw a lot of great pictures of the Great Lakes, thank you.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. Already enjoying everything so far.

Colin, Your signature is awesome!
Ed M, another Dire Straits fan here.

Hi Brock, WELCOME!!!!!!

I clicked on where you said you were from on your avatar and saw a lot of great pictures of the Great Lakes, thank you.
Joan, you are very welcome. Spent a lot of time in Michigan, Ohio, and some in Wisconsin. Even spent some time on the other side if you know what I mean. I'd have a hard time choosing between the Rocky Mountains and the Great Lakes even though I was born out west.

Back