Green Silver Genesis

I have a green one that I just dismantled for rehab. It has the newer lid with the curved top front and thermometer in the middle. But, it also has some scratches on it which kind of bums me out. Not bad enough to junk it, but bad enough that it bothers me.

Here is a Dad and Son I did last year:

20190422 Silver A and Silver B Green Heads (3).JPG

Really nice! Green is one of my favorite colors for the Genesis. Look forward to seeing the progress :coolkettle: !

I need to find a donor firebox! The blue hood one I put on “permanent loan” to my wife’s son needs some love.
I spent too much on it initially but, they are really enjoying it. The firebox had suffered a thermonuclear meltdown at some point and it’s getting a little more use than expected. His wife works it pretty hard but rarely cleans it. If it goes belly up, I will keep the lid!

Jump the lake and come on over, I could set you up with a firebox.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Next time I visit my friend in Milwaukee, it’s clear I have some people to visit! You Bruce and Jim Lampe, we missed each other last time. Maybe I-94 will not be the mess it was last time! That would be a great visit! Maybe drop my kitchen aid off with Larry on the way?
Chris, you have made this site so much fun, one day I will come west and will need to meet you in person! I’ve made friends all over the world thank to you.

It would be fun to try something like that. Seems like there is getting to be a lot of members in the Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota area.

I remember when Bruce did those. I really thought someone would buy them as a set, but if I remember correctly they went their separate ways. Probably only a few grill nuts like us would want a PAIR of gas grills 😯!

Jeff -- you stole my grill! I've had the exact same green Silver B premium model for 15+ years. Having that second swing up table is key imo. Gives you so much work space in a modest sized footprint.

The Mrs. was bugging me to get a new unit because (while it was working great) it was so dirty. So I used some Covid downtime to erase years of accumulated crud. Such a fun and satisfying task using the awesome pro tips I found on this board:

1. Bleach/water, 0000 steel wool, Armor All for the tables. Magic!

2. Razor scraper for the inside of the lid. Who knew that virtually impervious porcelain was hiding under all that hamburger grease from the Aughts? More magic!

Only mistake I made was going a little too wild with the razor scraper on a part of the outside of the firebox -- black paint is not the same as black enamel. There may be a paint job in my future...

There is a green one im my area.
Seller dropped the price from $200 to $50. Somehow green does not sell well here. I had some trouble selling green grills as well in the past. I even discarded the green lid shown below last year. People would not even pick it up for free.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.JPG
    IMG_2482.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 14
That is crazy stefan. Green is not my favorite, but I have sold quite a few of them. In fact, I have a Silver B that looks exactly like you green lid on tap for my next grill. I just finished up my first grill of the season (Skyline).

People want bling here. Earlier last year I tried to sell a Silver C with a green lid. I had out there for weeks. No takers.
I swapped the lid for a stainless steel lid and the grill sold in less than a week.
Then later last year I had finished a Genesis 1000 and offered in black, red, maroon or green. Took a while to sell and finally someone bought it with the red lid. He was debating between black and red. But maroon and green was out of the question.

There is a green one im my area.
Seller dropped the price from $200 to $50. Somehow green does not sell well here. I had some trouble selling green grills as well in the past. I even discarded the green lid shown below last year. People would not even pick it up for free.

What a shame! I you sure that one isn't black? Either way, I would want that one...black knobs, fold-down tables on BOTH sides, looks in decent shape...I think cleaned up well it would fetch a lot more here in Florida than fifty bucks. I actually had that exact same Silver (black hood) for years before joining this board. It was the grill I featured in the Christmas story I posted a few years ago.

Back