GREEN LID-RED LID? OTHER LIDS SOON

Oh I have no doubt that's 100% true. I don't blame them. You can do really nice wood for a lot less yourself. It's worth it to me and I enjoy doing the work but I can understand why most people wouldn't.
Lots of people don't have the skills and equipment to do it themselves, which I totally understand too. I'm just saying that it's one those things where everyone would like to have it because it's really nice until they find out what it costs.

Josh, how much for a full set of slats for my 5/5000 ?
Handle and 36 slats.
Either post here or in a private massage.
As much as I enjoy doing it and enjoy helping people out I just don't have the extra time right now to make sets for other people. I'm just trying to squeeze in time for my own projects.

Maybe instead of offering them fully finished, perhaps, cut, machined, and "ready for finish of your choice" point? Then someone could choose their own stain, varnish, no varnish, etc. But, they'd have the almost ready to go slats. Saving production time, cost and trouble. Anyway just a thought.

@Mark-Anaheim uses these rubber mats when grilling and recommended them to me. He said they fit perfectly on the tables. I think I will probably buy a set or two.

View attachment 100307

Walfos Dish Drying Mat for Kitchen Counter, Heat

Resistant Silicone Dish Mats, Multi-Purpose Kitchen Drying Mats for Counter Top, Sink, 16x12 Inch, Grey, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CYCBXQSN?tag=tvwb-20
@Cody Bratton I just ordered some of these. I ordered four they are 50% off for the black single. $4.49 each

I can fully understand why you don't want to get into making slats for others. Your workmanship is beyond the highest standard that I can think of and obviously takes a lot of time and effort. I am content myself to just get the wood cut and just lightly sanding the edges (which is all Weber did). Your beautifully rounded ends and edges, etc. show a far higher level of detail than I am willing or able to do in the time that I have. And the very expensive, handpicked wood is superb. I am currently finishing a grill with red oak, but I wouldn't begin to compare my basic effort to what you have done!

p.s. My vote is for the green hood!

I can fully understand why you don't want to get into making slats for others. Your workmanship is beyond the highest standard that I can think of and obviously takes a lot of time and effort. I am content myself to just get the wood cut and just lightly sanding the edges (which is all Weber did). Your beautifully rounded ends and edges, etc. show a far higher level of detail than I am willing or able to do in the time that I have. And the very expensive, handpicked wood is superb. I am currently finishing a grill with red oak, but I wouldn't begin to compare my basic effort to what you have done!

That's a heck of a compliment Jon🙏🏼!
Yeah that green in person looks great!

Definitely amazing stuff Josh, I couldn’t see paying it though. I am surprised no one is doing some mass produced job on Amazon though.

On my way home now from almost Canada lol. Trip up north near where I grew up. On my way back home now with my Genesis 3000 gray lid. Very satisfied with this purchase. Lid looks to most likely be in excellent condition as far as I can tell so far without a full cleaning. Also has some good parts on it like the left and especially the right swing table slide assembly. Hard to find. I think all of the wood tables and Z metal are salvageable. Oh and did I mention other than that this is one of the worst condition grills I've picked up lol and that doesn't bother me a bit. I looked at this Grill and I was like oh maybe they do deteriorate in Washington but then the nice lady selling it told me that she bought it in California. She paid way way too much for this Grill which sucks but I thought it was cool that she loved it and wanted to restore it. She was trying to sell it for $175 to get her money back out of it but she understood that she way overpaid and was happy to sell it to me for $60 and to get one of my favorite lids for $60 is a win for me.

On my way home now from almost Canada lol. Trip up north near where I grew up. On my way back home now with my Genesis 3000 gray lid. Very satisfied with this purchase. Lid looks to most likely be in excellent condition as far as I can tell so far without a full cleaning. Also has some good parts on it like the left and especially the right swing table slide assembly. Hard to find. I think all of the wood tables and Z metal are salvageable. Oh and did I mention other than that this is one of the worst condition grills I've picked up lol and that doesn't bother me a bit. I looked at this Grill and I was like oh maybe they do deteriorate in Washington but then the nice lady selling it told me that she bought it in California. She paid way way too much for this Grill which sucks but I thought it was cool that she loved it and wanted to restore it. She was trying to sell it for $175 to get her money back out of it but she understood that she way overpaid and was happy to sell it to me for $60 and to get one of my favorite lids for $60 is a win for me.
Nice, can't wait to see the lid all cleaned up. Your streak of picking up nearly perfect grills had to end somewhere!

After working all day yesterday and then driving a few hours to pick up my gray lid 3000 I was too tired to touch it when I got home but I'll mess around with it today after work. I'll get started on that lid.

I was thinking about doing a restoration for every x000 model and having Jr-5000 but then I remember when I was a little kid and I would buy my first second and third favorite candy bar after finishing my favorite wishing I had another one of my favorite lol. So I think I will primarily concentrate my efforts on different versions of the Genesis 1000. I'll still plan on doing a couple Jr grills and maybe some more of the others. My next main search will be for a platinum 1000 or at least the Lid in black, green or red. No hurry though. I have plenty of projects ahead of me.

Anyways here's my new gray
20240919_045044~2.jpg

Back