Green Genesis 1000LX Build

Josh Dekubber

TVWBB All-Star
Just picked up this Green 1000LX. I'm so excited for this build. I'm also so happy with the condition of this grill. I got it from the original owner with all the original paperwork. I ordered Sappy Walnut wood that will be here in about 10 days. Adding a Right hand swing table with slide assembly. I ordered extra wood to make butcher block serving trays requested by my wife. Ooh also my wife loves this Weber and says we can never get rid of it.
Screenshot_20240709_172848_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240709_172859_Photos.jpg20240709_165753~2.jpg

Can we ask what you paid for it?
Probably more than most people would but it was exactly what I was looking for and had to have it. Negotiating back and forth we came to agreement at $200. I know that's more than most of us usually pay for these but what can you get for $200 nowadays. You definitely can't buy a brand new grill that can match this for $200 in my opinion. Also if I was to buy all the parts that are as nice as the parts on this for another grill I would go over 200 for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, it would be a shame to strip off the original factory finishes on that one. It does look pretty much new in the pictures.
Yeah I doubt I'll have to do a repaint. I will tear it down though completely and at minimum I will wax all the metal to protect it and I will clean out the inside of the firebox and lid on the inside.

Just picked up this Green 1000LX. I'm so excited for this build. I'm also so happy with the condition of this grill. I got it from the original owner with all the original paperwork. I ordered Sappy Walnut wood that will be here in about 10 days. Adding a Right hand swing table with slide assembly. I ordered extra wood to make butcher block serving trays requested by my wife. Ooh also my wife loves this Weber and says we can never get rid of it.
View attachment 95497View attachment 95498View attachment 95499

Looks like you already finished it.

Back