Greek chicken with tzatziki, Greek salad and grilled eggplants and zukes

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Felt good to get my cook on. I was a little slow in the kitchen as the skills all come back to me.

Celebrating the flavors we enjoyed in Greece.

I broke down two whole birds to BL breasts and thighs. I cooked all those along with the legs and froze the wings for a future cook.

Salt the chicken
Then add:
Juice of 1.5 lemons
Zest of both lemons
Black pepper
Oregano
EVOO

The eggplants and zukes have SP and oregano. And a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

All were seared and then moved to indirect to finish.

I can post the tzatziki recipe if you’d like it.

1691034093985.jpeg

Chicken is on

1691034121039.jpeg

1691034151532.jpeg

1691034167386.jpeg

1691034191279.jpeg

1691034212171.jpeg

Greek salad with arugula on top

1691034260305.jpeg

Chef’s 🧑‍🍳 plate

1691034300483.jpeg

Flavors were spot on. The tzatziki married for around 2 hours in the fridge. Dinner was a hit with 2 of the kids joining us.

i could use help in presentation and styling.

Well I am not going to lie......I have mentioned about your plates before at your house....
I am sure they are nice and do the job or whatever but as far as pictures go I find all the colours on the plates to be distracting.
I really have to take a minute to dissect the picture and pick out what isn't food sometimes.
I wouldn't expect you to go get new ones, just pointing out the colours make it tricky.........I use to have larger coloured plates myself but at some point we bought a couple sets of new ones and they are just white.....no particular reason just worked out that way.

Well I am not going to lie......I have mentioned about your plates before at your house....
I am sure they are nice and do the job or whatever but as far as pictures go I find all the colours on the plates to be distracting.
I really have to take a minute to dissect the picture and pick out what isn't food sometimes.
I wouldn't expect you to go get new ones, just pointing out the colours make it tricky.........I use to have larger coloured plates myself but at some point we bought a couple sets of new ones and they are just white.....no particular reason just worked out that way.
Funny you should say that about the plates. We are looking at new ones but they’re not plain white. They’re a little louder and with patterns in them. In the blue family.

Back