Grease Tray-Weber Genesis 310 EP

Tom (Beastie)

I have Weber Genesis 310 EP.
I wanted to ask how to get burnt on, hardened, carbonized build up off of grease tray. I did a search and only came up with "Easy Off". Also too many suggestions to use steel paint scraper (not plastic as Weber recommends)
Tom (Beastie)

I think the steel paint scraper is not a great idea. What might work and be much safer - assuming you have a porcelain drip tray - is to get a razor scraper armed with quality new blades. It will ride along the poreclain like scraping paint off of glass. Change the blades VERY OFTEN.

If your tray is not porcelain coated, then I am thinking you are pretty much looking at something like Easy Off and a plastic scraper. Just do the best you can.

I think the steel paint scraper is not a great idea. What might work and be much safer - assuming you have a porcelain drip tray - is to get a razor scraper armed with quality new blades. It will ride along the poreclain like scraping paint off of glass. Change the blades VERY OFTEN.

If your tray is not porcelain coated, then I am thinking you are pretty much looking at something like Easy Off and a plastic scraper. Just do the best you can.
Thank you Jon.
I have the stainless steel grease tray.
I love this grill!

Steve. I don't know how that copy/paste statement made it into that post. :unsure: The pan and heat sheild are both Stainless. Yes, the theory is that they will protect the tank from excess heat if the pan catches a grease fire.

I am on my 3rd can of Easy Off heavy duty oven cleaner trying to get this grease tray clean. I should have taken a before picture.

I don't try to keep mine too clean. I try to keep it clear of debris to limit the chance of a grease pan fire.

If there is a lot of buildup including carbon droppings, food pieces, unburnt grease etc. If this builds up it can catch on fire and a bottom pan grease fire is not something one wants.

I regularly slide the bottom pan out and scrape it into the garbage with a plastic scraper, and put it back in. This isn't really clean, but it removed a risk for fire.

If I'm doing a major cleanup, with the burners out and all, then I'll clean it up much more.

Last edited:
Lol. You are probably most of the way to the cost of a new drip tray for what you have invested in easy off at this point.

I haven't seen 300 series slide out bottom pans anywhere except from Weber, a I don't know if the LP version with the heat shield are still available. I inquired about the NG version that does not have the heat shield. This was the price from weber back in August of 2021

Grease tray, part #62757

It costs $66.10 in USD, $85.80 in Canada, and is only available through our call center. Please contact us at 1-800-446-1071, 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.

I haven't seen 300 series slide out bottom pans anywhere except from Weber, a I don't know if the LP version with the heat shield are still available. I inquired about the NG version that does not have the heat shield. This was the price from weber back in August of 2021

Grease tray, part #62757

It costs $66.10 in USD, $85.80 in Canada, and is only available through our call center. Please contact us at 1-800-446-1071, 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.
Are these the correct part? I did a quick Google search. The porcelain version says that it has the heat shield as well.Screenshot_20230301-191718.pngScreenshot_20230301-191702.png

I've got mine hooked to NG and our sons is hooked direct to propane. About once a year in the spring I basically cook them after scraping the chunks off for a couple of hours. No negative impact on them. Gets 90% off. I also use wide foil held on with paper clips to help keep the tray clean. Just punch a hole in the foil over the hole in the tray. Stainless is dull, but who cares!

Back