Grease Tray-Weber Genesis 310 EP

I have just been dealing with this. Yes, they are different. The tray on the older, E-W "Sidewinder" 300 grills is a few inches larger than the one for the later model. Maybe if they had kept them the same, they would still be making them as replacements given the larger market:rolleyes: .

I believe the trays on either grill that were for Natural Gas did not have the heat shield, while the LP ones did (to protect the tank from excessive heat).

Tom, is your 310 front control? or side control? I think the slide out grease tray / bottom pan is different, but I'm not sure.
The three burner control knobs are on the right side as well as the igniter. I never did understand that waste of space.

I believe you answered my question as to how to mount this heat shield. The previous owner just left it off. When googling I found a lot of sites use the terms heat shield and heat deflector interchangeably. Thanks to your post I know see the difference.

It is interesting that Qlimetal (on Amazon) is now offering new replacements for the slightly smaller but basically the same tray for front control 300s. Theirs has no heat shield, but they make no mention of it being just for Natural Gas. I have a friend with an LP grill using one with no heat shield. It has been used for years without issue. I honestly don't know how critical this shield is, but as someone here said about it, Weber didn't add that unless they had some level of liability concern about the tank being exposed to the heat from the large tray. They would rather have cut that cost if they thought it was safe to do so.

I just noticed the porcelain coated tray is only introduced in the newer genesis 2011-2016 model.
Is the new tray better than the old 2007-2010 tray?

I just noticed the porcelain coated tray is only introduced in the newer genesis 2011-2016 model.
If you are asking about Weber original equipment, the tray on my Mom's 2009 E320 is porcelain coated. I haven't seen any difference in quality throughout the years. I can't say about the aftermarket versions as I've never seen one in person.

If you are asking about Weber original equipment, the tray on my Mom's 2009 E320 is porcelain coated. I haven't seen any difference in quality throughout the years. I can't say about the aftermarket versions as I've never seen one in person.
Yes, I mean the OEM. My mistake, I thought all 2007-2009 Genesis' are equipped with ss drip tray. Maybe they already have the porcelain along with the ss tray equipped in different models, like the grill grates?
My assumption about the coated steel is if you scratched the coating, your tray would be prone to rust, while the ss would never rust.
Is there any advantage of the porcelain tray? Better grease clean off?

It's not clear when Weber went from the stainless steel drip tray to the porcelain one on the old "sidewinders.' I think I have seen both.

Seems like the stainless would be better, but porcelain is easier to clean as long as it is intact.

I've never seen an OEM stainless slide out bottom pan. I've only had my hands on two side control e300 series and both have porcelain bottom pans.

Hi D Ngo, welcome to the site.

The 2007-2010 genesis uses a different size tray than the 2011-2016 genesis.

They are not interchangeable

Hi D Ngo, welcome to the site.

The 2007-2010 genesis uses a different size tray than the 2011-2016 genesis.

They are not interchangeable
oh I see. The tray of my 2007 is ss and I just saw a few 2011-2016 and realized they all have porcelain trays. So do they make 2011-2016 ss bottom tray at all? Maybe ss tray is only for the EP model?

Back