"Grateful Dead" Pulled Pork

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Here's the Deal... My friend's sister is in from out of town and he asked if I would smoke something for her tomorrow. I've gone Around and Around and decided on the old standby, pulled pork.

The forecast for tonight, Looks Like Rain. So I set up the wind/rain break. It not supposed to be a Cold Rain and Snow so this should suffice, It's Built to Last.

IMG_3283.jpg

Won't get started until around 10:00 tonight. Hope to pull it off for a late lunch. I can take it to his house in a cooler because he's not too Far From Me.

Hopefully it will be good and leave her Dancing in the Streets.

Sorry to Ramble (on Rose). More pics later.

Who knew Radar is a Deadhead?
Speaking of Radar, sometimes when I load one of your posts Don, the avatar is Huge, and startles me
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Griff:
Are those Scarlett begonias is the flower pot to the right of the smoker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not sure. My wife planted them. Whatever it is we'll Let it Grow.

Did the Box of Rain ever open up and ruin the lunch? How much does that screen Ripple in the wind? (I think is might be my favorite Ripple). I bought a Serius radio just for the Dead channel...lol.

I'm 68 years old. Who are the Grateful Dead?
icon_smile.gif

From what restaurant did you nab that shaker?
Nice looking butt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill S.:
I bought a Serius radio just for the Dead channel...lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's my #2 preset (Jam on is 1). Love Sirius!! I like Outlaw Country too when grilling/BBQing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G :
From what restaurant did you nab that shaker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha! I bought it at a local restaurant supply store. Love it!

Don just curious, where did you get that tent? Looks like a greatful idea for the wsm in windy or rainy conditions. What would you usually use that for? A portable outhouse? LOL

Well, this is a first. I was awoken at 4:00AM by the ET-73 because the target temp alarm was going off. I had set it to 180 deg. because that's when I usually start checking for doneness. I thought this couldn't be right but went down and, sure enough, it was almost done. 13 degrees and an hour and 45 minutes later it was like butter so I pulled it.

IMG_3294.jpg

An 8 lb butt done in less than 9 hours? I was expecting 12. I've had then go long or a little under 1.5 hours/lb...but 3 hours early? It's done when it's done, I guess.

It's resting in a cooler right now. I Need a Miracle to get this to lunch without having to pull it and reheat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vince B:
Don just curious, where did you get that tent? Looks like a greatful idea for the wsm in windy or rainy conditions. What would you usually use that for? A portable outhouse? LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mornin', Vince. I got it at WalMart. It works great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
Meat looks good but that lemon has seen better days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just the bark, Dale.
icon_biggrin.gif

Nice job Don. Good thing you had the ET...

Hope you made lunch I foil wrap mine put in cooler and cover with towel and they will stat above 140 from here to El Paso (about 8 hours) Hope you,re Weather Report got better, keep you from GDTRFB. better stop now or this will get out of hand. John

man that looks good!

I hope mine come out looking like that.
Today is my first butt smoke.

Congrats, have fun.

Back