"Grateful Dead" Pulled Pork

WIth that EASY WIND blowing, its good you had that tent. And not for nothing, but as high-falutin as their cuisine is, you won't find this in FRANCE!

Amazing that the butt was done before SUNRISE, instead of waiting TILL THE MORNING COMES. I'm sure that gave you a TOUCH OF GREY right there - but you definitely should not feel like a LOSER.

...In fact, you'll be more like the CANDYMAN when those CRAZY FINGERS pull that pork!

By the way - this might be the GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD!!!

excellent use of Dead songs - been a dead head since 1968 - wow! i'm old! Just joined vwbb and purchased a wsm (18.5"). Can't wait to use it this weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasonT:
man that looks good!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Second That Emotion!

This thread makes me want to smoke a fatty! I think I'll do just that on Saturday afternoon. A few cold Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ales, a fatty or two, and maybe a whole chicken to go with the sausage. Who's got my veggie burrito?

Anyone catch the Dead shows on MSG channel last night? Was an 80' Radio City show and an 89' RFK. Was on for 2 hrs. And I just got rid of my dvr...Doh!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k straker:
This thread makes me want to smoke a fatty! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This thread makes me wanna smoke more than a fatty
smiley-cool18.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill S.:
Anyone catch the Dead shows on MSG channel last night? ...and an 89' RFK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't catch that show the other night but caught it back in 89'...
icon_wink.gif

Dupree? As in Dupree's Diamond Blues ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash
Didn't catch that show the other night but caught it back in 89'...
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You just keep quite you....lol. Never got the chance to see them. Just got into them 4 or 5 years ago. Though "The Dead" was just through here last year. From what I saw on youtube and the reviews in the paper I didn't miss much.

Have you ever seen the "100 Grateful Dead Songs" poster? It's a great way to waste time....glad to see there are so many fellow Deadheads on here. I missed out on ever seeing them, I was a young adult for their last 2-3 years of touring but always passed on seeing them. From what I've heard of the 93-95 shows I didn't miss much, plus that's when there were Deadheads dying at campgrounds, death threats towards Jerry, etc. If you have a bunch of time on your hands, check out the library on archive.org. The soundboard recordings are all available streaming and the audience recordings are available for download. I like this so much that I hardly ever watch TV, would rather sit at the computer and play some music. Here's a link to the poster.

http://www.123posters.com/dead11.htm

I can't figure out how to work Brokedown Palace into the conversation, so I'll just say it. My personal favorite is from 10-15-83.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill S.:
Anyone catch the Dead shows on MSG channel last night? Was an 80' Radio City show and an 89' RFK. Was on for 2 hrs. And I just got rid of my dvr...Doh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RRRGgg...I was at that RFK show.

Only time I ever saw the dead, left in the middle, I just couldnt take all the stoned out hippies spinning in circles and falling over one another.

Was interesting to watch for a while, then got kinda sad.

Back