Grabbed me a 2000-01 Genesis Gold

No. absolutely no rust showing through, just kind of wavy in areas. I see it on a couple other legs as well. The inside of the legs have surface rust, but it doesn't look bad at all.

Hey Jeff......Did I just stumble across the next super mega product that will make my life easier? I just watched some vids and read some reviews on the Dawn product. What I would really like to use it for would be cooking grates. My only issue is this stuff seems to be like oven cleaner......is it safe to use on cooking surfaces?
Thanks

I don't see why not. Just clean them off when done. Sneak them into the dish washer when the wife isn't home as long as they are very clean after using the dawn stuff. You could also pressure wash them at a car wash I suppose. After that, I would feel confident about it. But, I would read the label. If they felt it was a problem, believe me, they would have a warning on the label.

Hey Jeff......Did I just stumble across the next super mega product that will make my life easier? I just watched some vids and read some reviews on the Dawn product. What I would really like to use it for would be cooking grates. My only issue is this stuff seems to be like oven cleaner......is it safe to use on cooking surfaces?
Thanks
Jim,
Scroll down from post #32 below and see the results.

I use it on my Electric Range, Coffee Maker, as well as my Weber Grates and Griddle.
Heck, I even use it on ground in Laundry stain. It's my go-to for all things that are stained/dirty/greasy.

Jeff

Last edited:
Posted the Side Shelf and Burner Assemble for sale in the Buy/Sell section if anyone is looking for pieces for this unique two year production grill.

Jeff

Back