Got the green light to buy the E6 Kamado

TY for that. mine is in the KPro bag since that's when I use it. Otherwise I'm just dumping JD from the KF plastic container which has worked very well, sans the giant JD pieces that cascade out like tree logs.
I've never used mine, and I didn't know what it was until I looked it up.

I think I'm more likely to use it as a dog dish or wear it as a hat than I will use it to scoop coal.

Last edited:
LOL Dan, I was the same way, couldn't figure out what it was for, then saw a picture somewhere of someone using it to scoop charcoal.... I'm pretty sure I'll find a different use for mine.

LOL Dan, I was the same way, couldn't figure out what it was for, then saw a picture somewhere of someone using it to scoop charcoal.... I'm pretty sure I'll find a different use for mine.
Don’t feel bad. Mine sat in the underside of my Genesis until about a month ago when i bought a large plastic bin to put some lump charcoal in. I had been using a tupperware container to scoop it out… and then remembered the plastic bowl.

Truth be told I prefer my charcoal left alone in the bag.

Just a few more cooks off of the E6 over the last week or so.

View attachment 27365

I’m a “bit” late to this photo/thread, but I showed this picture to my daughter and she was ALL IN! Is that just sliced hot dogs with cheese inside and the pepperoni just lying on top? Obviously no flipping these, but I just wanted to make sure before I did something dumb and destroyed a pack of dogs!

I’m a “bit” late to this photo/thread, but I showed this picture to my daughter and she was ALL IN! Is that just sliced hot dogs with cheese inside and the pepperoni just lying on top? Obviously no flipping these, but I just wanted to make sure before I did something dumb and destroyed a pack of dogs!
Yes sir!

Back