Got the green light to buy the E6 Kamado

Not sure how soon I can get a low n slow going on it, not during the week for sure and I work Saturday until noon.
Maybe on Sunday but its hard unless its ribs, no guests and cooking huge hunks of meat doesn't happen a lot.
I placed the 22" grill on top of the 24 and literally it is an inch wider all around but just the look of the kamado is amazing.....
It really does look massive in comparison, and it is easily 2 times as deep as the performer.
The initial burn was nice. Just half a chimney or less of lump, barely filled both baskets.
Opened the bottom to full and the top flipped open.
Temp got up to 550 on the lid thermometer and lasted a few hours then slowly fell.
Initial reactions.
The overall engineering........or build of the cooker is amazing.
It is a serious bbq, unlike any I have had.
The charcoal and cooking grates are seriously heavy duty....much thicker than the performer grates.
The bottom vents are the P vents for supposedly a more accurate control.
Goes together easily and quickly, just be sure you double check what you are doing in the first few steps, you could make a mistake that is hard to fix.
The piece I received, where the stickers are placed on the front side to show off the words WEBER and KAMADO where you can hang tools
are both put on very crooked.
It looks super cheap that way but it really doesn't bug me too much.....makes it my own and if you visited my place you would maybe think it fits right in......:ROFLMAO:
Looking forward to.......
Mostly being able to dial in a big cut like brisket to 225 to 235 and it not moving in temp for 10 hours......
Made burgers last night and went back to the performer......the new one is soooo clean and purdy still.....

I look forward to your initial photos/videos/thoughts on the new grill. There is no feeling like those first few cooks, the new discoveries, the *** moments etc.
I appreciate the recommendation on that second charcoal grate.
It is perfect and looks like a Weber product, matches the one it came with to a tee.....
So looking forward to the goodness that will come off this bbq soon enough.

I was at our local BBQ stop today along with the Mrs. After browsing the Weber E6 Kamado with snap-jet starter and table included, I was told that “we” felt that is was too much money to justify a table and bag to put charcoal in.

However...

The great staff kindly reminded us that they were expecting their stock of E6 Summit Kamado’s next week. No table and no snap jet starter... not to mention about $900 less Cdn. After she browsed the kettels, rancher, and Smokefire... I received the nod to purchase the E6 Summit Kamado. (Not the wobbly version.)

I cannot wait to pick it up.

View attachment 23129
Nice Pick-up! I have a Weber Performer Deluxe equipped with the Outstanding Propane Charcoal Starter and Metal Table and would dearly miss these items on any future Weber Kettle.

Going for the break in cook in T - 41 hours.
The cook is going to be a brisket I buy tomorrow after work. Hopefully they have some nice ones left by the time I get there with 1 hour to closing. I have no other options so here is hoping. They sell full packers, and portions. I could pick up a flat or a point or a piece with both in it I think. Not sure which way to go, I was thinking maybe the point, it is good and less dry and I am starting at like 5 a.m. so I have all day to get it done.
I don't think I can handle having the balance of a 17 pound brisket in the house, lots of extras.....maybe though
On another note.
Watched a youtube vid where a guy did pork shoulder on both the 26" kettle with the large SNS and did the same sized shoulder with the same rub and everything on his E6. While I was very surprised at the outcome he could not specifically decide which of the 2 were a better cook. He was able to tell why both were good....
I will look for it and post it if anyone cares to look.

Guess it was easy to find.
I have seen this guy before, I don't subscribe to his channel but the end result was what I liked.
I don't have the ambition to do comparisons like this.

Had a local steel company reach out to me to test their steel prototype. As lock downs remain here where I live, more and more people are staying home and bbqing with their Weber’s, eggs, etc. Check this out. Tooks be a few hours to season it. Food turned out amazing.
E5010385-F275-446F-A293-B4B55211B2EA.jpeg0645EA33-F324-4608-910B-1BCF1B8003E2.jpeg74A02F89-38CE-4D49-9FBE-87205B2D5C9D.jpeg7F0A0177-BAC6-4661-827A-F7DC7209051F.jpeg

Looks interesting, I like the idea of it, and the seasoning looks good too.
It must weigh a ton though LOL. And hold heat forever.
Using that vortex I would be in inclined to force it work even better....
I would try running foil all around the vortex so the air has no choice but to funnel through the vortex.
The with that steel ring it seals the top to help that too......
Wide open vent and lid closed I would like to think that the fire would just be insane hot.
Would the ring be close enough to use baskets red hot and heat up the steel enough to use it like a griddle?
So hot on either side and make say smash burgers??? Or a breakfast type meal?

I've been very tempted to get some thing like that for the new Summit Kamado too, but the shipping costs kill the deal as it was from the US. Looks like your local folks stole ArteFlames idea. Can you hook me up with a contact? If they are in Winterpeg, perhaps shipping to Edmonton would not be too bad.

Just got back from the butchers.

Holy cow did I spend lots of moula.
Looking forward to sharing a brisket cook tomorrow.
They had brisket portions so I picked up 2 point sections about 9 pounds each.

I've been very tempted to get some thing like that for the new Summit Kamado too, but the shipping costs kill the deal as it was from the US. Looks like your local folks stole ArteFlames idea. Can you hook me up with a contact? If they are in Winterpeg, perhaps shipping to Edmonton would not be too bad.

Atlas steel co. here in Manitoba

I know what that tastes like....it is dreamy.
Sweet and bbq flavor, so much fat it makes you think about not eating it but it literally melts in your mouth....
Good job!

Havent posted any visuals lately. Here’s my first crack at a rack of Wagyu beef ribs and some Wagyu Sirloins. We had guests over for dinner so I didn’t get a chance to snap a photo of the smoke ring from the ribs. (Ribs were done on the WSM and the steaks were on the E6.)
B563136E-EE22-4834-BAE5-F8EE04045095.jpeg407B6BCC-371D-4771-AC85-E59EF7FA213E.jpeg

Not on mine. I think it is on the rack and it looks attached from the angle of the picture.

Here is mine, pic taken from a different angle.

View attachment 50100
TY for that. mine is in the KPro bag since that's when I use it. Otherwise I'm just dumping JD from the KF plastic container which has worked very well, sans the giant JD pieces that cascade out like tree logs.

Back