Got our OSH back.

It's a new company (Outdoor Supply, rather than Orchard Supply).....we got ours back, too. Nice to have the option again, I haven't been by to check out the grill lineup. Love to see all those kettles!

R

Wow, that is some kettle inventory. That cable won't keep the lids from walking off though.
Looks like a store I would like to see up in my area.

Were they shut down for Covid?

Like Rich was saying it was called Orchard supply hardware, Lowe’s bought them out, after a few years they are back open but outdoor supply hardware.
lots of Weber stuff, BGE , traeger of course.
they had a lot of rubs too, I liked this sampler of dizzy pig rubs.53EF66D9-E889-4EA0-B62D-B6F542D0AAA4.jpeg

Wow, that is some kettle inventory. That cable won't keep the lids from walking off though.
Looks like a store I would like to see up in my area.

Were they shut down for Covid?
Orchard Supply Hardware went into bankruptcy a couple/few years back. Someone has bought up the local stores in the area here and re-opened them as Outdoor Supply Hardware.......and they look INCREDIBLY similar to how they looked before on the inside. Closer to me than Home Depot or Lowe's, and conveniently located next to my CostCo.

I hadn't seen the DP samplers, Bruno! Great stuff made by a really cool guy (made friends with him on the Big Green Egg Forum about 15 years ago when he was starting up the business.) Raising the Steaks, Dizzy Dust and Red Eye Express are my go-to's. Also like the "Mediterranean'ish".

Orchard Supply Hardware went into bankruptcy a couple/few years back. Someone has bought up the local stores in the area here and re-opened them as Outdoor Supply Hardware.......and they look INCREDIBLY similar to how they looked before on the inside. Closer to me than Home Depot or Lowe's, and conveniently located next to my CostCo.

I hadn't seen the DP samplers, Bruno! Great stuff made by a really cool guy (made friends with him on the Big Green Egg Forum about 15 years ago when he was starting up the business.) Raising the Steaks, Dizzy Dust and Red Eye Express are my go-to's. Also like the "Mediterranean'ish".
Great info I think I saw all of those!
It was liking walking back in time almost the exact layout, just better.
I knew the RWC location was back as well. Cool stuff!

Wow, we just had a nice outdoor/farm and barn type store close down near us. The whole chain shut down.

Stock and Field. They used to be called Big R. The one near me was in Portage. They have a clearance sale going on now.

Stocknfield -mobile.jpg

That sucks. I didn't know Big R had rebranded, but I'll bet I hadn't been in one since the '70s. You'll be going to the Farm & Fleet in Baraboo, now?

Maybe Fleet Farm or a wholesale meth dealer will consider taking over the property.

The Stock and field in Portage was a great store. They had good prices on ammo compared to most farm and barn stores. Better than Walmart too. Doesn't really matter now because no one has ammo. I do go to Blaines Farm and Fleet. They are good. I like the Mills Fleet Farms as well such as the one by Deforest. The Stock and Field was actually an old Kmart that went out about 7 or 8 years ago. It sat empty for a long time until the S&F moved in. That was just about three years ago is all. The did carry a decent selection of Weber's too. Not huge, but a decent selection of grills and accessories.

I stopped in the store tonight. The only Weber grills they had left were 4 - 18" WSM. They would have been about $200 after discounts. THey did have some bags of Weber pellets too. I didn't catch the price on those. They had a few other weber accessories but not much. No grates or flavorizer bars or burners. They did have several of the IGrill 3 thermometers. I didn't catch the price on those either.

The Osh near me turned into the diy center, which is very similar. I like it. I'll only go to HD or Lowes if I absolutely have to - too big, too hectic, too many htt construction guys blocking isles with 15 foot boards dangling off of carts.

Back