got a new toy to wok around with

Eric A

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked this up through (amazon - link to TVWBB) showed up a day early, love my Prime membership.

18242451450_70ac797a1b.jpg
[/url]Got a new toy by bentnbroken, on Flickr[/IMG]

So last night we got to wok and made some dinner

18442370511_b781a68bda.jpg
[/url]Stir fry try my my by bentnbroken, on Flickr[/IMG]

one chimney of KCB piled in center of grate when properly ashed over. wok in place , on goes the lid , went inside and prepped food items and started my jasmine rice to cooking. after about 15 min ready to cook.

17819945573_220a1f7e97.jpg

the Beer was for me not the wok!

18436371772_9ebf0aa984.jpg

live and learn. I think I should added the veggies while the chicken was still pink, as it came out a little dry

18414189056_aec373973b.jpg

after about 5 min veggies were ready , added sauce stirred put lid back on and waited another 30 seconds and again gave it a quick stir and plated

18252785528_38d9fb5822.jpg

18254422309_f3cca1b27c.jpg

Came out really good, used a bottled sauce that was a little saltier then I liked; but over all very pleased...................... now if I can just get this thing clean!:eek:

Hey Eric. The plated pic looks really nice, and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself! The wok will get easier to clean over time, if you use it enough and keep it seasoned.

Looks great, Eric!

I always take the protein out when I add the veggies, and hold it to the side. When I cook the veggies, I stir fry them for a few minutes, then I add a small amount of water, and a lid to steam them a bit. I like the texture a bit better, and it has the added benefit of cleaning the wok a bit with the steamy environment. After a couple of minutes of steam, I remove the lid to evaporate the remaining water, add back the protein and whatever sauce, then just a couple of minutes to bring everything together, and thicken the sauce as needed.

Keep on wokkin'!!

Rich

I pretty much do what Rich G said except I usually marinade my protein before I wok it, seems to help it retain some moisture.

That looks great. I was lookin at woks on amazon recently to use for deep frying, might have to revisit that search. Thanks for sharing, everything looks delicious!

Great advice from all, thank you so much.......... pull the protein.. water to steam veggies , remix ....... awesome. I had a great time, and my dogs, Stella and Bella had fun with it too, every time I got a little over zealous with the stir part!

Outstanding, everything look so yummy and the colors were awesome. The last pic tells it all.

The thickness and shine of that glaze really showcase the color on that plate. Thanks for the kind words and feedback. That's what we do on tvwbb:wsm:

Back