Going to look at this tomorrow...

Brian O’Donnell

TVWBB Member
Going to take a look at this tomorrow. It's described as needs some work/replacement parts internally but frame and exterior in good condition. Asking $25.00. I've wanted a redhead, and I'd like to replace the handle and shelving with wood like some of the amazing posts I've seen here.

123360869_10101182407363114_3077131571549073247_o.jpg123434286_10101182407343154_8505143333092185998_o.jpg

123440792_10101182407333174_3491909023456536447_o.jpg

That is not truly a redhead. That is the burgundy. For some reason, it seems to show more red in photos than in person...at least with what I have seen.

I like that color and that would be a great grill for $25

I have the burgundy hood and it’s very pretty, the rest looks really good pick it up! You can find a donor redhead or maybe I can! They show up here from time to time. I have been exercising loads of restraint with regard to “grill cruising” but, I think I might just have to do a bit to stock some lids for “trading stock” I really don’t need a blue eyed thing but, there is always “Weberitis”!

Hey Brian,

Let me know if you want to sell the Durawood slats off of this grill. I could use them.

So I picked it up this morning. Can you guys help me identify what model I do have? I can't find a single identifying marker on it at all. I began tearing it down and 2 things I noticed: 1) The burner tubes have large black plastic screens that are snapped around the air intakes. When I took them off, there was the screw and the shield? you can adjust, but no metal screens. And 2) the burner tubes are slightly longer than the ones I've but into my Genesis Silver A & B. I was hoping I might be able to use some tubes that I have lying around. The manifold appears to be the same. And 3) the regulator and hose appear to be "janky" and, again, different from what is on my A & B.

Thanks,

Brian

Late 1990's Genesis 1000. The black plastic things on the burners are "spider guards". They were later replaced with SS screen right on the burners. The screw is the adjustment screw for the shutter that controls the air gas mixture. Normally, these should not be "adjusted". If you are having problems with flames, rule out almost all other causes first.

Those burners are not compatible with Silver B burners. But, you can find good aftermarket replacement burners on Amazon for around $20 for the set.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=weber+7506&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The manifold is not the same as Silver B. They are not interchangeable.

Depending on the gas hose connection, you can get a replacement pretty cheap. https://www.homedepot.com/p/GASONE-3-ft-Gas-One-Propane-Regulator-and-Hose-2106/310727271

Brian,
Looks like a twin to my last restore, a 1995 Genesis 1100 model.

Jeff

Brian,
Looks like a twin to my last restore, a 1995 Genesis 1100 model.

Jeff
Wow, just looked at your thread. That looks great. Got me excited to get going on mine.

So I’ve started deconstructing the 1000 and the z channels for the slats are shot. Any ideas on how/where to find replacements? I know Weber’s not selling them. I’ve seen a template for recreating them, but I have zero metal working skills, in fact I don’t even know someone who does. If I were to try to get them made, where would I go and what would you estimate that I’d pay for them? That’s 6 z channels and then the channel that the support table slider fits into. All stainless...

So I’ve started deconstructing the 1000 and the z channels for the slats are shot. Any ideas on how/where to find replacements? I know Weber’s not selling them. I’ve seen a template for recreating them, but I have zero metal working skills, in fact I don’t even know someone who does. If I were to try to get them made, where would I go and what would you estimate that I’d pay for them? That’s 6 z channels and then the channel that the support table slider fits into. All stainless...
I believe dave santana makes the z wave bars that holds the drip pan. I believe you can use those to hold the slats ... but i could be wrong.

Back