Goat Burgers

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
And now for something a little different: burger patties made from ground goat meat I got at the farmer's market, and topped with goat cheese from the same local farm.

Cooked the goat burgers on the gasser, as the Performer was occupied smoking some homemade bacon that day. Burgers were seasoned with Dizzy Pig "Game On" rub. After flipping the patties, I placed a dollop of goat cheese on each burger and closed the lid to melt the cheese.

Here are the plated photos, with a couple slices of heirloom tomato as an additional topping. The goat meat was lean but not dry, had a very mild clean flavor, and was not gamey at all. The burger tasted great, so I'll definitely be cooking with ground goat meat again in the future as a healthier alternative to conventional ground beef.

Those are some interesting burgers, never had goat meat but they do look yummy. Great job.

Looks good Jerome. Love goat cheese, but after raising 4H Dairy Goats with my daughter for years, the meat really doesn't appeal to me. Sure looks good though.

Those burgers look fantastic. I would agree that they are probably a healthier alternative. Will have to look for some goat and other types of meat. Great cook and great pics as well.

Back