GO NINERS St Lou game day ribs

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Got this going earlier today. One hour in now and looking good.

SP only. Will spray with a water, ACV and maple syrup mix.

1674425323459.jpeg

1674425348045.jpeg

KPro and all apple wood and some chips from the same bag

1674425389497.jpeg

A bit windy today

1674425424785.jpeg

On the S6 around 1p

1674425535708.jpeg

1674425565018.jpeg

About one hour in

1674425597759.jpeg

Running a grate temp probe only

1674425724358.png

Also have some cowboy beans cooking and will start a Caesar salad soon. Homemade dressing and sourdough croutons.

Ribs & salad I would have never thought of pairing the two, I am so ripping this off!
Caesar goes with everything. It’s kinda a meal on its own.

Probably do some rum cocktails with dinner. Wine just seems confusing with this meal. Or if I have a non oaked white.

I got ribs stuck in my mind! I was at the Sac Kings game and the guy in front of me was eating ribs! He looked really happy, too bad we lost.:cry:

Wow, those look good.

More deets on the croutons and caesar dressing?
Croutons:

one large loaf sourdough, uncut and unsliced around 8" round to 10" round
4tbs unsalted butter
5tbs evoo
1-2 tsp dried italian seasoning
1tsp oregano
1 tbs granulated garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper (amount varies to your taste)
pinch of kosher salt - don't oversalt

cut sourdough into 1 inch slices
then cube the slices into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes
place into very large work bowl, enough room to toss all of this

in a small saucepan melt the butter and add the evoo
add all the above spices from italian seasoning on down through the salt
mix with spoon to incorporate

make sure the butter oil mixture isn't too hot so it won't burn or burn the garlic

dip a single cube into the seasoning to finalize salt profile or adjust seasoning to your liking

when all is fragrant and incorporated, gently drizzle over your bread cubes. toss the cubes as you're adding in the drizzle so the top cubes don't get al the seasoning and the bottom ones are bare.

fully toss to ensure even distribution of seasoning.

heat oven, convection bake 400F.

line baking sheet with parchment paper and gently pour out the seasoned cubes. one even layer is desired. tightness doesn't really matter.

bake in oven until cooked to desired doneness. mine usually go around 15 mins+ to get the darker color I prefer.

these crouton had a nice crispy outside with just the center bit on the soft side. once these cooked croutons sit at room temp, they will dry out further so avoid overcooking them. you want croutons, not rocks.

sometimes i'll dust them with a fine pecorino dust. the finer the better as you're enhancing the crouton flavor, not making a cheese crouton.

serve and enjoy. it's tough to have leftovers on these. everyone just eats them up.

this batch was dinner for 6 people. less than two cups of croutons were leftover. they'll be gone by tonight, for sure.

i'll post the caesar recipe shortly. i texted home for my son to send it to me. i'll post my modified version, not the original one as i think my version has a more traditional flavors of more acid (lemon), and W sauce (anchovy/umami). which are profiles i prefer versus a heavy, mayo creamy type of caesar. basically, a cleaner, fresher profile.

Croutons:

one large loaf sourdough, uncut and unsliced around 8" round to 10" round
4tbs unsalted butter
5tbs evoo
1-2 tsp dried italian seasoning
1tsp oregano
1 tbs granulated garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper (amount varies to your taste)
pinch of kosher salt - don't oversalt

cut sourdough into 1 inch slices
then cube the slices into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes
place into very large work bowl, enough room to toss all of this

in a small saucepan melt the butter and add the evoo
add all the above spices from italian seasoning on down through the salt
mix with spoon to incorporate

make sure the butter oil mixture isn't too hot so it won't burn or burn the garlic

dip a single cube into the seasoning to finalize salt profile or adjust seasoning to your liking

when all is fragrant and incorporated, gently drizzle over your bread cubes. toss the cubes as you're adding in the drizzle so the top cubes don't get al the seasoning and the bottom ones are bare.

fully toss to ensure even distribution of seasoning.

heat oven, convection bake 400F.

line baking sheet with parchment paper and gently pour out the seasoned cubes. one even layer is desired. tightness doesn't really matter.

bake in oven until cooked to desired doneness. mine usually go around 15 mins+ to get the darker color I prefer.

these crouton had a nice crispy outside with just the center bit on the soft side. once these cooked croutons sit at room temp, they will dry out further so avoid overcooking them. you want croutons, not rocks.

sometimes i'll dust them with a fine pecorino dust. the finer the better as you're enhancing the crouton flavor, not making a cheese crouton.

serve and enjoy. it's tough to have leftovers on these. everyone just eats them up.

this batch was dinner for 6 people. less than two cups of croutons were leftover. they'll be gone by tonight, for sure.

i'll post the caesar recipe shortly. i texted home for my son to send it to me. i'll post my modified version, not the original one as i think my version has a more traditional flavors of more acid (lemon), and W sauce (anchovy/umami). which are profiles i prefer versus a heavy, mayo creamy type of caesar. basically, a cleaner, fresher profile.
@JimK

i've been making this recipe for 15 years now.

here's the link to the original which i've modded to my preferred tastes over time. feedback has been consistently "the best caesar i've ever had."

do as you wish. you're eating your version. my version is higher on acid and umami flavors. so you get a cleaner finish on your tongue and not that heavy mayo taste that "cheap" dressings provide (oil costs less than all other ingredients here)

CAESAR SALAD DRESSING AND SALAD​

Servings: 12-14

Dressing
6 Cloves medium sized Garlic or 4-5 large cloves
1 well rounded Teaspoon chunky Fresh Ground Black Pepper
3 oz pecorino or Parmesan Cheese already shredded

3 Eggs yolks
2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
5 Tablespoon fresh lemon Juice - lemon zest is optional but does add the "clean" intensity profile i prefer
1 can Anchovy Fillets with the oil reserved for the oil part of the recipe
2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup regular olive oil (non-EVOO, usually much lighter in color and can be used for frying
Both oils to be combined into a single measuring cup for pouring into the food processor

Salad
6 Heads Romaine Lettuce
grated pecorino or Parmigiano on the dressed lettuce to taste/preference

DRESSING
Place garlic cloves, black pepper, and Parmesan Cheese in food processor, and process until it sticks to the side of food processor, around 2 minutes.

Add remaining wet ingredients EXCEPT olive oils and anchovy oil and process until smooth, around 30 seconds to 1 minute.

SLOWLY add the anchovy oil first and then add the 2 cups oil by drizzling it into the spinning food processor. A smooth and skinny stream is best as you're creating an emulsification (Caesar mayo basically).

When done, taste the dressing for desired profile. The garlic should be a back note, not pronounced and not upfront. You should have a small tingle on you tongue from the lemon juice. The umami/salt profile comes from the W sauce and mustard of which both can be added to rebalance to your desired profile.

this Caesar can last up to 5-6 days. we usually finish it within 3 days as food doesn't last long in my home. people just graze through the fridge here.

post pics if you make this. i've never had a caesar that's better than this one. and i've had my share of caesars in resturants and in MX (where Caesar was invented).

Back