Go Braves BBQ Fried Chicken

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
0WvnLbU.jpg

I keep seeing this cook and it looks great each time.
Let's have a basic rundown.....just vortex cooked chicken with a breading?
Looks like a skin on thigh?
How do we go about doing this, as I have done vortex cooks successfully but never tried a breaded option but looking at this I want to try it please and thanks.

Chuck, that is some darned fine looking fried chicken! I'd gladly tuck into a plate of that, even if it didn't help the Braves win (though it obviously did.....hopefully losing Morton won't impact the rotation too much if the Series goes deep!) I need to "fry" some chicken. Maybe half the wings I'm doing this weekend will get the "fry" treatment! :)

R

There's a few old threads on this. KFC in the search feature should lead you down a pretty cool rabbit hole.

Mine never looks as good as others', but it's darn tasty

I keep seeing this cook and it looks great each time.
Let's have a basic rundown.....just vortex cooked chicken with a breading?
Looks like a skin on thigh?
How do we go about doing this, as I have done vortex cooks successfully but never tried a breaded option but looking at this I want to try it please and thanks.
Pretty much, this batch was on my pellet pooper but most my batches are on my kettle around the vortex. My son has an amazing breading, but there's plenty of good recipes out there for breading chicken. Thighs are my favorite, bone in, skin on

I think you may be right......it was the whole Rich thing that got my turned around.......
Thanks folks.
Funny story.....Rich Dahl and I also share a birthday......and we've never both been seen in the same place at the same time. Draw your own conclusions.......

So, about that kettle fried chicken.... :)

Funny story.....Rich Dahl and I also share a birthday......and we've never both been seen in the same place at the same time. Draw your own conclusions.......

So, about that kettle fried chicken.... :)
......and what does Barb have to say about this? lol Hope you both don't share the same wife:rolleyes:

Back