Go-Anywhere Charcoal - Carry Case

Rick Moore

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all! Many years since I have posted on here. Good to see it is still such an active forum!

I just took the plunge on the charcoal Go-Anywhere. I have the portable Napoleon gasser but it is not as portable as I want it to be - and I love charcoal cooking. This little go-anywhere is going to be a perfect addition to the boat for some island cooking! I also ordered the grill grate for this and plan on some other mods to make it a grab and go!

To really complete the package, I need the carry case. I have found it in a few locations but it seems to be an obscure find. I didn't find it on Weber's site - is this out of production? And I'm not sure I trust some of these "shopify" type sites with my credit card info... Also insane that the carry case costs more than the grill itself! Oh well, it is worth it to me in the end, just making sure I'm not looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance for any input if you have found the cases somewhere that was trustworthy and gave good service!

Hi all! Many years since I have posted on here. Good to see it is still such an active forum!

I just took the plunge on the charcoal Go-Anywhere. I have the portable Napoleon gasser but it is not as portable as I want it to be - and I love charcoal cooking. This little go-anywhere is going to be a perfect addition to the boat for some island cooking! I also ordered the grill grate for this and plan on some other mods to make it a grab and go!

To really complete the package, I need the carry case. I have found it in a few locations but it seems to be an obscure find. I didn't find it on Weber's site - is this out of production? And I'm not sure I trust some of these "shopify" type sites with my credit card info... Also insane that the carry case costs more than the grill itself! Oh well, it is worth it to me in the end, just making sure I'm not looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance for any input if you have found the cases somewhere that was trustworthy and gave good service!
Let us know what you find. I love our little WGA. I did a bunch of the mods from YouTube. The best is cutting the grate that came with it.

I thought the whole point of the Go Anywhere was that it IS the carrying case. I keep mine in the trunk and it has the charcoal, chimney starter, tongs, and a few other things inside of it so I can bust it out and grill whenever the mood strikes.

I thought the whole point of the Go Anywhere was that it IS the carrying case. I keep mine in the trunk and it has the charcoal, chimney starter, tongs, and a few other things inside of it so I can bust it out and grill whenever the mood strikes.
Your right for most cases. With the modded grates you can pack a lot of stuff in the grill. I think he has it on a boat, and I am guessing would transfer it to a dingy to BBQ on a beach, and a case would help in the wet environment. Plus nice to maybe put extra stuff you may need that didn't fit in the grill. I kind of like covers and cases for most of my stuff.

Your right for most cases. With the modded grates you can pack a lot of stuff in the grill. I think he has it on a boat, and I am guessing would transfer it to a dingy to BBQ on a beach, and a case would help in the wet environment. Plus nice to maybe put extra stuff you may need that didn't fit in the grill. I kind of like covers and cases for most of my stuff.
Bingo! I also don't want the metal of the legs sliding across the deck of my boat. Also nice to keep the sand off of it when not in use, keep ash from blowing out of it when running back home, etc.

They sell a case in Asia: https://www.weber.com/ID/en/accessories/care/covers-and-carry-bags/7160.html

I agree with Walt, a simple duffle bag should work.
Thanks! I saw that but wasn't sure if they would even ship it here. That is the same case I have seen on ebay - maybe I'll try my luck there. Or I'll go look for something that is a close fit. I just have always been a fan of it being fitted to the product rather than just putting something in a bag it will fit inside of.

Thanks! I saw that but wasn't sure if they would even ship it here. That is the same case I have seen on ebay - maybe I'll try my luck there. Or I'll go look for something that is a close fit. I just have always been a fan of it being fitted to the product rather than just putting something in a bag it will fit inside of.
Here is an option I found.

If you scroll around in ebay you will find a few others.

Cutting the cooking grate in half and dropping charcoal grate to the bottom of the grill gives you tons of storage space inside the grill. I've not felt a need for a case.

I use a Plano case to carry my Go-Anywhere gas. Fits the grill perfectly on the sides with room for the 2 gas cans and other grill accessories next to it. can even stack more stuff on top. Keeps it nice and tidy.

The smaller 56Qt fits as well for the grill if you're just looking to fit just the grill and stack stuff on top of it.

I use a Plano case to carry my Go-Anywhere gas. Fits the grill perfectly on the sides with room for the 2 gas cans and other grill accessories next to it. can even stack more stuff on top. Keeps it nice and tidy.

The smaller 56Qt fits as well for the grill if you're just looking to fit just the grill and stack stuff on top of it.

Thanks - Could you post a picture of your grill in it?

Back