George Stephen grilling up a feast

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Love this undated vintage Weber photo! Looks like prime rib and baked potatoes are on the menu, with meatballs and lil' sausages as apps.

photo.jpg

Last edited:
Is the little container that the meatballs and snausages are in, a mini Weber of some sort??,,
Kind of has that 3 legged kettle look to it.

Cool picture.
Maybe one day my son will show a "vintage" pics of maribel and me and say Im still using my parents old weber.

At first I thought the guy might be Bob C. or Phil P., but then I realized the Weber hadn't been invented yet when they were that young...;)

(Not that I have that much room to talk, now that my age begins with a number greater than 4.)

Holy crap! He has all kinds of stuff cooking!
Is that little thing a mini smokey joe? It looks like it because the food seems to be resting on a grate.
Is that thing in the lowere right a matching trashcan? Or a smoker? LOL
And what is up with the whole pineapple and the toothpick holder?
Does the pitcher looking thing hava a spigot on it? Looks like it but can't tell.
man, talk about matching equipment!!!!!
What is the stuff in front of the ham? he is basting? Looks like bread or split open potatoes

This is a sweet kettle color. Chestnut Coppertone. Sort or a two tone mist pinkish-brown. Very 50s "desert southwest" type of color. Looking at the orientation of the metal handle on the lid in relation to the vent and the fact that there is no disc ash catcher visible in the photo.. presumably there is an ash triangle/utility shelf down where the familiar wire triangles are today, this is probably from 1956-1958. Very cool! Thanks for sharing this, Chris!

I'll try to answer some of your questions/observations about this pic..

Holy crap! He has all kinds of stuff cooking! Indeed
Is that little thing a mini smokey joe? It looks like it because the food seems to be resting on a grate.
The more I look at it, the more I think it is.
Is that thing in the lowere right a matching trashcan? Or a smoker? LOL Maybe a charcoal storage can?
And what is up with the whole pineapple and the toothpick holder?
No idea about the pineapple. But the toothpicks are for the meatballs and sausages on said uber mini smokey joe
Does the pitcher looking thing hava a spigot on it? Looks like it but can't tell.
Yes it does have a white (fake ivory perhaps) handle and it is pointing towards the cook (look at the reflection)..
man, talk about matching equipment!!!!!
What is the stuff in front of the ham? he is basting? Looks like bread or split open potatoes
I'm not sure what those are..
But no one has mentioned the work table that look like it fits the grill or what looks like a thumbscrew on the kettle leg..

Is the little container that the meatballs and snausages are in, a mini Weber of some sort??,,
Kind of has that 3 legged kettle look to it.

It does look like one with the kettle shaped lid behind it. Could be a type of buffet warmer that used a can of sterno to keep things warm.
Cool pic for sure!

Tim

The charcoal storage bin looks like it has braces attached to it, maybe the bin and the kettle are together on a cart of some sort? Can't see the base so we'll never know. I think the pineapple is a --- pineapple! Looks good with the bananas.

a closer view

edit to add, now try to figure out what's reflected in the bowl and lid. :)

anzeige.jpg

Last edited:

Back