Genny Plat for $50- restoration money pit???

That's what I would call it, too. It looks kinda short to get a standard grease gun coupler on, though...but you are replacing the caster anyway, right?
You could just replace the wheel part. The rest of the castor looks ok to me and really kind of overbuilt. Pick a pretty color.

Reactions: Loc
Yep, a grease zerk. But, it doesn't much matter since you need replacements. I would look how them attach to the frame and simply find a good HD set to replace them with.

You could just replace the wheel part. The rest of the castor looks ok to me and really kind of overbuilt. Pick a pretty color.
It's been my experience with swivel casters with wheel locks like this one, if you are able to source replacement wheels, the ball bearings in the swivel part as they come from the OEM are only slush lubricated and if the PO wasn't diligent in lubing them they are likely rusted and in need of replacement...but it depends on how often you wheel your grill around. In the case of my rollaway toolbox, that thing was in constant motion, but with my grill, I move it maybe once a month.

Wide choice of wheels: https://shop.servicecaster.com/caster-equipment-wheels-s/1964.htm

Of course there are many other solutions, and a grill doesn't typically roll that much. I was just pointing out the wheel itself could be unbolted very easily and replaced.
A thing to watch for is that many wheel locks work by bearing against the side of the wheel, so that can be a critical dimension. If you can match ID x OD x Width with what you have, as well as having your existing swivel in good shape, and are willing to take a chance that it will work as planned, and you can save enough money by doing so, go for it. I'd just skip the headache and buy new ones, but that's just me.

But I do agree, it is possible to just replace the wheel.

Reactions: Loc
Some of you guessed it, it’s a 6 burner Vieluxe. I’ll get a closer look at it and start a new thread with pictures. In meantime, my immediate task is to get it off the driveway. Casters are shredded, too heavy to bear hug and move.

Casters are stamped GLC. What is the nub by the green weed? It turns but doesn’t unscrew.

View attachment 43727
Man, that is one heavy duty caster. As industrial art, very impressive.

Back