Genesis Silver ?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
What is the model of grill that essentially a Genesis Silver B but with two drop down tables instead of just the one on the left? Or is it just an option or something only done in certain model years?

Mine says model #2250000, part # 2281398 on the sticker. I've seen some comments (in threads here I believe) that said this was a special model for certain retailers (I think one post I saw said it was from Target?).

They seem to be quite common near me anyway, and almost all of them have the mica gray hood. I picked up another one a few weeks ago that's a 2000 (edit: 2000 model year, not a Genesis 2000) but otherwise identical to the 2002 I fixed up already, the only difference being it's natural gas. Hoping to get a line run and switch myself over and stop worrying about empty tanks. The 2000 one I picked up has an unreadable sticker except for the "DD" prefix on the serial number.

When I look up my serial number on the Weber site, the description comes up as "Genesis Silver B LP Premium (2002)", so that looks like the correct name to me.

Thanks guys. I guess that now I know I have a Silver B Premium.

Anyway, it seems like we have quite a few of them around my area as well. And it does seem that Mica colored hood is common on them.

Also, the first page of the manual also says "Specialty Dealer LP". I wonder if having a specialty dealer model is a way to justify a higher price compared to big box stores, and maybe to prevent price matching too.

Dave, both are likely reasons. It might also be a way for a store to sell something slightly different than you can get at any other store. Like ACE Hardware might say in an add "The only place you get the double swing table Weber Genesis".

Back