Genesis S320?

I am with you, Stefan! I can’t wait to show these pictures to my wife;)! By comparison, she will feel blessed. I am trying really hard and yesterday agreed that we would (eventually) have only ONE grill on our smallish deck. That will be my never finished Skyline. I had kind of wanted it to be sort of a “deck queen” to use once a week or less, but even I admit that grills are meant to be used. The rest of my grills will be consigned to the far back yard or somewhere my wife doesn’t care about. But even at my worst- or best - I couldn’t compete with this guy! I wonder if he makes any money at it or even cares if he does:).

Whats your idea of (eventually) I see you did not box yourself in with a specific year anyway, :)

Billerica which is near my workplace. Here is his ad:
https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/fod/d/weber-grills-reconditioned/6680135597.html

I wonder if he reads these forums
Thanks Bill,
I've seen his ads a number of times on Craigslist while looking for grills. I might have to stop by his place just to see what he has in person.

Prepare to be AMAZED by his collection of parts.

Jkim,
WOW!...you are not kidding. Makes my small stash of Weber parts seems almost under control :rolleyes:

Jeff

Last edited:
Showed the pictures to Barb and I think I just found room for another grill. Jon That's why I decided that the skyline would be in rotation with the other grills and not a deck queen...they are meant to be used. Although the skyline won't get the greasy work.;)

Whats your idea of (eventually) I see you did not box yourself in with a specific year anyway, :)

Hey, Brian, I was on it today! Got my older son, who recently moved back home, to help me move things around. All that is left on our lonesome deck now is my covered Skyline begging for me to finish it. Have to wait a little longer. Stuck doing tax extensions and piddling when I can on a few other projects. I WILL get this Skyline done and will USE it, although I plan to have a Genesis Platinum with GrillGrates and one Broilmaster in the backyard to do the dirtiest work and keep the Skyline's duty lighter. Like Rich, I hope keep my Skyline from getting too gunked up:D.

(Of course the grill count above, does not include 4 or 5 Weber kettles and a Green Egg all safely tucked in the backyard:cool:! And, of course, while I can't compete with this guy, I do have a shed full of disassembled grills & parts and a few other grill projects laying around that I hope to get out of the yard as soon as possible.)

My wife is happy. (Like comedian Jeff Allen says: "Happy wife, happy life!") She even agreed that my idea to make a small table for the deck out of an old 18" kettle I have been saving was fine with her. I plan to make a top out of cedar boards to replace the lid, although I might try to hang the lid on the underside somehow to make it a cooler table;).

Last edited:
What do people think of the Genesis S320? There is a guy in my area asking $350 for the natural gas version. I think I could get him down to $250.

I currently have a Genesis 1300 that I bought in the late 90s.

I bought the grill today for $200. It is in very good condition. There is a little bit of rust on the floor of the cabinet. The guy selling the grill was getting rid of it because the grill came with the house and the plumbers suggested not using the gas line. I looked at the gas line and it was very rusty on the outside. Not sure why the previous owner didn’t protect it with rustoleum. The regulator probably could also be replaced. I would have had the plumber replace or repair the line. No way I would go back to filling LP tanks. He bought a new three burner spirit with an LP rank.

I’ll post pictures of the newest addition later this week.

Hi all, I'm kind of confused about the E-W versus the N-S burner orientation. I was under the impression the older grills had the burner controls on the side of the grill and the burners were positioned horizontally from front to back. Being an engineer, this in my mind is a North to South orientation. Didn't the Genesis 1300 have the burner knobs on the side being North to South like my 2000 Genesis Silver B? Is this the preferred orientation or do most folks like the newer design with the control knobs located on the front of the grill going left to right?

Is the attached image of the Genesis 1300 E-W or N-S?

I6ZPpdE.jpg

Last edited:
Right, in most instances controls on the left mean E/W burners, burners on the front indicate N/S burners. I think all Weber Genesis and Spirit Grills were E/W oriented until about 5 or 6 years ago when they decided to start going with front controls. I think upper line Weber Summit grills utilized front controls and N/S burners much earlier than Genesis and Spirit. That could be that they came in 4 and more burner configurations and that would be hard to incorporate into a grill with side controls.

The E/W burner configuration makes certain cooking situations like rotisserie cooking much more effective. The biggest advantage of front controls is that frees up the right side table.

Glad that people liked the photos of the Billerica Weber guy's operation. So I picked up the S-320 yesterday. The guy changed the price to $315 and then accepted my offer of $200. I think it's in very good condition and I think I got it for a fair price. Here are some pictures of it:

7BzpXm1.jpg

You can see a small amount of rust on the bottom floor but otherwise, it's spotless.

TBouWxd.jpg

Here's a shot of it next to my 1300 that I bought in 98 for $500. I still have the receipt!

LT30BzS.jpg

The 1300 was originally a propane and I switched it to NG by buying someone else's NG 1000. In this picture, you can see that the bottom part of the frame has collapsed. I need to read the other thread for advice on how to fix it.

GcCBJZr.jpg

The main reason for me to get a second grill is to do more cooking outside without having to juggle different dishes. We like to roast vegetables and it would be nice to do it at the same time while grilling meat. Plus, I like to use my grills as ovens during the summer to keep the heat out of the house. I am working with some contractors and hope to have a 16'x20' deck in the area where the grills are now. Also, there will be a sliding door where the window is to provide access to the deck.

Back